May 26th - Lynx vs. Virginia Beach (R)

According to a poster on a USL discussion board, Lynx leading 1-0 at half time - though that was about half an hour ago, as they should be close to the end of the 2nd half by now. Goal scored on a free kick from 25 yards out.

"All them rock & roll writers are the worst kind of sleaze, selling punk like some new kind of English disease. Is that the wave of the future? Awww spare me please!" Frank Zappa, Joe's Garage (1979).

quote:Originally posted by Gian-Luca

According to a poster on a USL discussion board, Lynx leading 1-0 at half time - though that was about half an hour ago, as they should be close to the end of the 2nd half by now. Goal scored on a free kick from 25 yards out.

I was just about to post the same thing. Hehe, I'm listening to the Soccer Fanatics Internet Radio show advertised in that thread hoping to hear an update, but all they're doing is reporting on what's posted on the board!

Final score (obtained from the Soccer Fanatics Radio Show, who possibly got it from USL Discussions, where Allison posted the result from an oregonlive.com update --- why should we have to get Virginia Beach vs. Toronto updates from Oregon???):

Virginia Beach 0 Toronto 1

So, the Lynx road record - 2 wins, 1 loss. Home record - O wins, 2 losses, 1 draw.

Get the Lynx out of Centennial! :)

"All them rock & roll writers are the worst kind of sleaze, selling punk like some new kind of English disease. Is that the wave of the future? Awww spare me please!" Frank Zappa, Joe's Garage (1979).

Joe Mattachione with the goal.

quote:Originally posted by Gian-Luca

So, the Lynx road record - 2 wins, 1 loss. Home record - O wins, 2 losses, 1 draw.

Get the Lynx out of Centennial! :)

Exactly how bad is Centennial anyway and where could the Lynx play other than there?

Mike D

The Lynx played this match without usual starting keeper Theo Zagar, who was suspended & red-carded after the last match when he complained quite vigourously to the Ref about the Ref's crap officiating. This is the the same over-zealous Ref who apparently called security to come and arrest a fan(s) because they poured a few drops of water on him.

Who knows, maybe it was Zagar & not a fan that poured some water on the Ref all along! :)

Back up keeper James Krygier got the shut-out against what was the highest scoring team in the A-league.

Also, it appears that Tyler Hughes started in midfield in this match.

Archived