Canadians in Europe Action May 21

Guest Jeffery S.

Guest Jeffery S.

Today there is a bit of activity in Norway, as Cup games are played. Tonight if you are not praying before the Uefa final there are these matches to follow:

Djekanovic's Radnicki Obrenovac is home to an already relegated team. They need a win to help ensure they stay in Serbia top flight, as is they are 2 points above relegation with two games left. Srdjan suggested that there is a bit of money-inspired game-fixing in Serbia that could affect what happens in this and the season's last game.

Kojic's Haugesund plays home to Alta in the Norweigan 2nd tier, league game.

In the Norway Cup we have:

Skeid Oslo home to Kvik Halden, de Favieri's team in 3rd tier.

Reda's Sogndal home to FF Lillehammer, tough game.

Moss with Rob Friend and hopefully Bernier back from health probs away to lower level Sprint Jeløy.

Kevin Harmse's team Tromso is home to lower level Hammerfest, not sure if he is back in Norway yet though.

Friend scored as Moss won 4-0, Bernier still injured. A close match in comparison to the 10-0 thrashing Sogndal gave FF Lillehammer. And Tromso had a hammerfest against Hammerfest, hammering them 8-1 (nothing like alliteration!) - suggests the competition not exactly the strongest here.

Haugesund won 3-0.

Budalic scored for the Orebro reserves today, & is off to play Germany on June 1st, earning his first call-up for Canada.

"All them rock & roll writers are the worst kind of sleaze, selling punk like some new kind of English disease. Is that the wave of the future? Awww spare me please!" Frank Zappa, Joe's Garage (1979).

Guest Jeffery S.

More details

Reda was subbed out around m. 21, perhaps injured? I see the keeper was also subbed out even earlier for Sogndal. And I thought Lillehammer was a good team, maybe I just erred thinking about the Olympics there.

de Faveri played the whole game vs. Skeid, they lost on an overtime goal to Skeid, who is one division higher.

Kojic played the whole match for Haugesund.

In Serbia Srdjan was on the bench as the team won 2-0 at home. They are two above the first relegated team with one game to go, though I think vs. Red Star away. If they draw and Rad behind them win a tie in points gives Rad the last spot. So it is very tight. Comments are that perhaps other teams will drop for financial probs and they could be saved even if the result is not good the last day.

Srdjan comments that the team is in a distant suburb of Belgrade called Obrenovac, he lives in the city and commutes.

He has also been informed of the CSA program to prepare the World Cup, so in principle he is on the initial list along with keepers Thunder, Rayner and Karim.

Archived