Canucks Abroad in Slovenia/Croatia/Serbia/Albania/Bulgaria/Romania [R]

Toje

A general thred to post match reports, transfer news, and speculation.

Also, feel free to post about Kosovo and Macedonia.  At the moment, we are not tracking any Canadian players in those countries.  There was one known Canadian in Albania, but he is probably unattached now (David Kacaj).

Stefan Cebara has only played in 2 matches so far this season with Vojvodina in the Serbian Superliga.  He has also played in at least 1 Serbian Cup match.

Stefan has a total of 5 caps for Canada with the last coming in 2013 vs Slovenia.  He is still only 26 years old, but has had a difficult time getting some consistency over the past few years.

20 year old, Aleksa Makovic is with Zemun in the Serbian Superliga.  He has year to play with them, and has spent the past few seasons on loan to various 2nd tier sides.  He is currently with 2nd tier side Indija.  In January 2017 he was called up an under 20 training camp in Toronto, which I believe was his first time being called up at any age level for Canada.

On November 15, 2017 at 3:50 PM, to70 said:

There is a Blaskovic with Istra 2. I know Robert Blaskovic played with Mississauga Croatia youth. Think he is a 1999 birth as well. I think the dad's name was Robert . He coached on the team.

yes correct

Robert Blaskovic

once i posted I noticed that i had mis spellen the last name 

sorry boys

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

With the abondment of NK Istra by its American ownership group(Michael Glover) and the departure of majority of its pro Nikolas Blaskovic has moved into the the first tem there.  He is one of 24 players in their training camp.

1 hour ago, to70 said:

With the abondment of NK Istra by its American ownership group(Michael Glover) and the departure of majority of its pro Nikolas Blaskovic has moved into the the first tem there.  He is one of 24 players in their training camp.

That's nice... hope things go well.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

This past weekend Nikolas Blaskovic played a full 90 minutes for Istra and  Marko Maletic played the last 8 minutes for Hajduk in the Croatian junior league games.  Neither Colin Jacques or Kosovar Sadiki featured for their teams in the senior division. Ante Danicic of MNK Square in the futsal league is out with an injury till the end of March.

Archived