Puma International League

CanSHA

People associated with Toronto Croatia would be your best bet on that as the league was formed after Croatia fell out with the commissioner of the NSL (Rocco LoFranco who also owned the Toronto Italia team, their main rivals). I don't think it made it onto the Toronto Star sports section pages. From what I remember it lasted no more than two seasons (maybe just one?), all the games were played at Lamport and Tie Domi of NHL hockey fame played for a Kosovo Albanian team.

I was involved in the first season of CISL (Puma League) Not sure how much info you have or what you're looking for.

The establishment of this league was the brainchild of a gentleman named Serge Giancola who had previously run the Richmond Hill Kick club in the ( C)NSL and ran a pretty successful indoor league out of the Richmond Hill green. He had been been the latest to be frustrated by the tyrannical rule of the aforementioned Mr. Lofranco. The league was set up to be run as a single entity. First season(1995) the League had eight teams: Italo-Canadians,Toronto Croatia,Toronto Supra(which later became Toronto SC) Kosovo,Iranian Selects,Caribbean Stars, Hispanic Selects and Macedonia. CISL had a special back room arrangement with the OSA to allow to operate since according the rules then only one non-amateur league was permitted to operate in Ontario.I am pretty sure that I still have have some programs from that first season if I can find them. There were some pretty good players on those teams including several that played for the CMNT. Tie Domi did participate although he didn't play much..The biggest issue was the finances or the lack of them. I wasn't involved in the second season at all.

Your best source might be  a gentleman named Aldwyn McGill who was there both years.http://www.caribbeanstars.com

Thanks for that information.  It is very helpful.  I am basically after the final standings for the 2 years, along with any league cup fixtures (if there was one) so I can add them to existing club pages and add new club pages also.  I will also reach out to Aldwyn and see what info he has.

Archived