Valerio Gazzola Named New U-20 Head Coach

Sam

Is there any hope we could get a U-20 Canadian tour like we did in 2007. Cause that was awesome and would be a good chance to sell the national team. I mean the MNT clearly isn't going to do 5-6 home friendlies in a few months, but the U-20 team might. Play games in markets where they don't get national team games anymore. Ex. Vancouver, Edmonton, Ottawa, Halifax (Kingston ;))

Only a guy like this with little success and no international coaching /playing Experience can get this job. We will never get to the world stage when choices like this are made and continue to be made for political or monetary reasons. Only in the CSA, can you have little or no success and poor track record and continue to have a job. I agree with some of the comments that there are far better suited candidates for the job, no question. When Canada fails to qualify for another U20, they will promote him to U23 head coach......its how it works here in Canada. Incredible really. Everyone just lower your standards and expectations

• 4 weeks later...
Only a guy like this with little success and no international coaching /playing Experience can get this job. We will never get to the world stage when choices like this are made and continue to be made for political or monetary reasons. Only in the CSA, can you have little or no success and poor track record and continue to have a job. I agree with some of the comments that there are far better suited candidates for the job, no question. When Canada fails to qualify for another U20, they will promote him to U23 head coach......its how it works here in Canada. Incredible really. Everyone just lower your standards and expectations

I have almost tears in my eyes...S. Hart made a huge mistake to give this to this guy...I thought that either Stephen Hart or Tony Fonseca would coach this,however,Tony Fonseca went to become SH's assistant and the Coach of the U-23 Olympic team.

This Gazello guy showed up at the hotel in Holland with lists of players that were handed to him by the TFC,Whitecaps and Impact lobby and never changed it.Guess who approved this,our old evil no other Trafficante,wright!!!

Is there any hope we could get a U-20 Canadian tour like we did in 2007. Cause that was awesome and would be a good chance to sell the national team. I mean the MNT clearly isn't going to do 5-6 home friendlies in a few months, but the U-20 team might. Play games in markets where they don't get national team games anymore. Ex. Vancouver, Edmonton, Ottawa, Halifax (Kingston ;))

This is Sam actually what they need,instead of thei ID camps...Absolutely right.To spend close to a milliom dollars on a program with a coach like Gazello,you may as well keep the money and do in in Canada...

Archived