Colin Miller Leaves Victoria, New TD in Abbotsford

Lord Bob

Just landed in my mailbox.

quote:After an impressive first year, the Victoria Highlanders will be moving into their second year without a familiar face. Head Coach Colin Miller announced his resignation this evening at the clubs year end awards banquet.

"The decision has nothing to do with the team, players or management," confirmed Miller. "It was a tough personal decision that I had to make. My family lives in Abbotsford, and I have been travelling back and forth ever since taking on this position. My children are at an age that I need to be around more. No coach would

want to walk away from such a great club. Everything is going right for the Highlanders, we have a great organization and fantastic fans. I will be cheering them on next year, even though I won't be around."

Miller, who was a former Canadian national team players and interim manager, will take over as Technical Director at the Abbotsford Soccer Association which also has a team in the United Soccer Leagues PDL. "I'm sure there will be mixed emotions when I return to Victoria with Abbotsford, but I have many fantastic memories here

and I am leaving many good friends. I look forward to seeing them again next year."

One of the many off-season tasks for the Highlanders will be to find a successor for the 2010 season. "There are many qualified coaches who would love to have the opportunity to coach this team, including current staff," commented Highlanders General Manager Drew Finerty. "What we want to do now is find someone who fits into our goals and ambitions. Due diligence is what's needed at this point, and we will take the time required to find the right candidate."

Archived