vancouver explorers

snake

This club was operated by the BC Chinese soccer association with an informal alliance with the SFU Clan who provided most of the players. The Chinese association operates its own ethnic league in BC and the object of playing a team in the PCSL was to provide a platform for the further development of their elite chinese league players. Not very many chinese league players made the cut however. I think they lost the very generous sponsorship they were relying on for playing in the PCSL, the Explorers spent tons of money in their first few years in the league - they played in the PCSL from 1998 to 2002. The Vancouver Explorers club no longer exists but the Chinese association and their ethnic league continue.

Correct, both clubs suffered sponsorship hits. Seattle Wolves are gone after playing only one season in the PCSL premier men's division. PSSA Rapids, who had played in both men's and women's premier divisions since 2006 has been granted a two year leave of absence. And yes, I am still on the PCSL BoD, one of seven directors, plus I run the website www.pcsl.org.

Archived