USL teams prosper in CCL, unlike MLS counterparts

Montry

quote:Originally posted by Free kick

If we are going to use analogies from the movie industry then this one applies just as well to this topic:

Having a bigger budget doesn't guarantee that you will produce a better movie than someone with a smaller budget. But, the production with the bigger budget will produced a better movie most of the time. Or, its much harder to make a successfull production with a comoarably smaller budget. But it doen't mean that every now and then a low budget film will be very and win the big award.

I dont find it as good as biologists, he never brought "better" into the analogy.

I dont want to start this all up again, but he just said mls is more smoke, compared to the usl. our usl clubs want that smoke.

Agree?

He didnt say MLS is crappy.

Cool?

Cool.

quote:Originally posted by Trident

I dont find it as good as biologists, he never brought "better" into the analogy.

I dont want to start this all up again, but he just said mls is more smoke, compared to the usl. our usl clubs want that smoke.

Agree?

He didnt say MLS is crappy.

Cool?

Cool.

That's exactly what I meant !

Free kick said:

If the success of the current USL teams was evidence of something more permanent, then why the hell are there four teams willing to fork out 40-50 mill to join the MLS?

IMO, the standard of play of the MLS is not the only reason why USL teams want to play in this league. The hype that goes with it is as an important factor as the first one. It's not like it's OBVIOUS that if they want to be in MLS it's because "it's so much better". It also is so much about $$$.

About this:

[1]But, the production with the bigger budget will produced a better movie most of the time. [2]Or, its much harder to make a successfull production with a comoarably smaller budget.

1) Bigger budget = with more promotion for it, with well-known names, with more special effects. But more than often not with a superior screenplay and a better movie.

2) It's much harder to attract people because of the 3 factors I mentioned (#1). But it won't be much harder because the product isn't competitive with the bigger budget movie.

To celebrate this, I'm gonna start a counter to count people that understood what I said.

0000 --> 0001 :D

Cool. [8D]

Archived