DeVos and Bircham in the news

thepatriot

Sory...links not working...here's the stories

DeVos Not happy with Ref:

Ipswich skipper Jason De Vos has accused Derby manager Billy Davies of influencing the referee in his side's 2-1 defeat at Pride Park.

Match official Ray Lee disallowed a Derby goal in the first half, but after a chat with Davies during the interval he failed to cancel out a similarly dubious strike after the restart.

An unhappy De Vos told the Evening Star: "The referee told me at the start of the second half that the home manager had had a word with him at the interval over the disallowed Derby goal.

"It was an obvious foul as Steve Howard pushed me in the back.

"But when he equalised he also pushed me in the back, but the match official chose to ignore it this time.

"It was not as blatant as the first offence but still knocked me away from challenging for the corner. It is a physical game, but if I had done a similar thing it would definitely have been a penalty."

Possible Bircham Move:

QPR midfielder Marc Bircham could move to either Nottingham Forest or Leeds in the transfer window.

Bircham is out of contract at Loftus Road next summer but has yet to be offered new terms - and Leeds and Forest are waiting to pounce with offers of a three-year deal.

Leeds manager Dennis Wise is a firm admirer of the tough-tackling 28-year-old, whom he believes would give his side a huge boost in their fight against relegation. Wise could present Rangers with a player-swap deal at the turn of the year.

But Forest - six points clear at the top of League One and favourites for promotion to the Championship - would also like to sign the former Millwall midfielder.

Bircham would move to Forest on an initial free transfer, with a fee to be paid at the end of the season if Colin Calderwood's team clinch promotion.

Bircham - currently sidelined with a hamstring injury - was frozen out by former Rangers chief Gary Waddock and was told he could leave the club. But the Canada international fought his way back under new boss John Gregory, who even handed Bircham the captain's armband before his injury.

Archived