2006 CPSL Schedule

Strange that it should be on the London site and not yet on the CPSL site but even more strange that it should be so unbalanced.

Check this out.... Oakville for example plays:

Brampton 2x (back to back)

Laval 4x (with one back to back)

St Catharines 3x with one back to back

Astros 3x

Border Stars 2x (back to back)

Italia 2x

Portuguese 2x

London City 4x

no games vs Croatia or Serbia????

Maybe this is a preliminary schedule that London put up onntheir site before anyone proof read it.

Strange BUT TRUE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am probably one of few who support the CPSL :)and even though there are a lot of haters I think that the league has the right idea and are really trying to develop a true professional league in Canada (or Ontario). Although some of the leagues choices have not been the best, I think they should be praised on their effort to develop some sort of pro league. With all the critics and people hating there will never be truly pro league in Canada. Though the CPSL is not the perfect model it is some sort of start.

Heres the BUT from above...

The schedule is CORRECT!!!! The international division (which has the better quality teams) play each other twice and in some cases four times (back to back in some cases). While the other division (with weaker teams such as london city, roma wolves and the astros) don't even play one game agianst Italia.instewad they play eachother 3 or 4 times!!! How can the league think that the final standings are a true representation of the leagues best team if the teams all don't play each other at least ONCE, never mind the correct way of home and away games. I am a fan of the league though decisions like this will hurt the league and create more critics than fans. :([V]

its been out for a while but they never post it until last minute. I think its crazy to have back-to-back competition against the same teams because as short as the season is, team evolve and develope even the stong teams may end up loosing players so the first clash could be different from the second if the teams were givin enough space apart from each other to play again.

quote:Originally posted by Phil_Ivey

Strange BUT TRUE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am probably one of few who support the CPSL :)and even though there are a lot of haters I think that the league has the right idea and are really trying to develop a true professional league in Canada (or Ontario). Although some of the leagues choices have not been the best, I think they should be praised on their effort to develop some sort of pro league. With all the critics and people hating there will never be truly pro league in Canada. Though the CPSL is not the perfect model it is some sort of start.

Heres the BUT from above...

The schedule is CORRECT!!!! The international division (which has the better quality teams) play each other twice and in some cases four times (back to back in some cases). While the other division (with weaker teams such as london city, roma wolves and the astros) don't even play one game agianst Italia.instewad they play eachother 3 or 4 times!!! How can the league think that the final standings are a true representation of the leagues best team if the teams all don't play each other at least ONCE, never mind the correct way of home and away games. I am a fan of the league though decisions like this will hurt the league and create more critics than fans. :([V]

The problem is most of these teams don't belong in this league as they obviously just don't have the money to be called "professional", even by Canadian soccer standards.

I just don't get it. Is it that big of an ego boost to pretend you are professional? Most of these teams should be in the OSL. An other problem is Laval. Why are they in this league. I don't understand what they prove. The top teams in the LSEQ are probably just as good. Laval obviously doesn't have the necessary money to invest. Without Laval, they could easily have a home and away schedule as the farthest trip would be Windsor-Toronto which is only about 4 hours.

On the Serb's fan's forum, somebody posted the Serb schedule.

The Serbs play: Italia 4, Caribbean 3, Supra 3, Croatia 3. They play North York, London and St. Catherines twice each. They play Laval 3 times incl. 2 games in one weekend. They don't play Windsor, Brampton and Oakville.

By far the best schedule has to be Laval's (taken from the London City site):

No. Day Date Stadium Time Home Away

17 Sat Jun 10 Bois-de-Boulogne Stadium 7:00pm Laval Dynamites vs Oakville Blue Devils

18 Sun Jun 11 Bois-de-Boulogne Stadium 7:00pm Laval Dynamites vs Oakville Blue Devils

24 Sat Jun 17 Memorial Stadium 8:00pm Toronto Croatia vs Laval Dynamites

27 Sun Jun 18 Bronte Stadium 3:00pm Oakville Blue Devils vs Laval Dynamites

30 Fri Jun 23 Centennial Stadium 7:30pm Serbian White Eagles vs Laval Dynamites

32 Sat Jun 24 TBA Caribbean Selects vs Laval Dynamites

34 Sun Jun 25 Soccer Centre 7:00pm Italia Shooters vs Laval Dynamites

48 Sat Jul 15 Bois-de-Boulogne Stadium 7:00pm Laval Dynamites vs Italia Shooters

50 Sun Jul 16 Bois-de-Boulogne Stadium 7:00pm Laval Dynamites vs Italia Shooters

54 Sat Jul 22 Bois-de-Boulogne Stadium 7:00pm Laval Dynamites vs Brampton Stallions

59 Sun Jul 23 Bois-de-Boulogne Stadium 7:00pm Laval Dynamites vs Brampton Stallions

66 Sat Jul 29 Soccer Centre 7:00pm Italia Shooters vs Laval Dynamites

68 Sun Jul 30 Victoria Park 4:00pm Brampton Stallions vs Laval Dynamites

77 Sun Aug 13 Bois-de-Boulogne Stadium 4:00pm Laval Dynamites vs Toronto Croatia

84 Sat Aug 19 Memorial Stadium 8:00pm Toronto Croatia vs Laval Dynamites

87 Sun Aug 20 Bronte Stadium 3:00pm Oakville Blue Devils vs Laval Dynamites

95 Sat Aug 26 Bois-de-Boulogne Stadium 7:00pm Laval Dynamites vs Caribbean Selects

98 Sun Aug 27 Bois-de-Boulogne Stadium 7:00pm Laval Dynamites vs Caribbean Selects

105 Sat Sep 9 Birchmount Stadium 7:00pm Caribbean Selects vs Laval Dynamites

108 Sun Sep 10 Victoria Park Stadium 4:00pm Brampton Stallions vs Laval Dynamites

113 Sat Sep 16 Bois-de-Boulogne Stadium 4:00pm Laval Dynamites vs Serbian White Eagles

117 Sun Sep 17 Bois-de-Boulogne Stadium 4:00pm Laval Dynamites vs Serbian White Eagles

That is where the PROBLEM is!!!!

If the setbs get to play the weaker teams such as London City and Roma Wolves twice each they will have an easier time getting points, while other teams such as croatia or italia don't play those teams at all

For the info, Laval's level would be about an LSEQ all-star team

The League says (tear after year...) that they are searhing for other teams in Quebec

The Laval team is maybe important for them, their living reason

Else, what would be another ontarian league there for ? Just merge with the OSL and everyone is happy

Archived