Champions League TV schedule

Mike

Hi. I found this site through the Mother of All Canadians Abroad post by Joe MacCarthy on soccerfansnetwork.com.

Here is the Canadian TV broadcast schedule for the first leg games starting tomorrow:

Tuesday:

Real vs. Arsenal - live on RDS and TSN

Bayern vs. Milan - live on TLN

Wednesday:

Barca - Chelsea - live on RDS and TSN

Ajax - Inter - live on TLN

Werder - Juve - on TLN at 8pm

Thanks for the reminder, Mike. I forgot all about the Champions League returning.

However, your list is neither complete nor completely correct. Most significantly, TSN's coverage is not live (due to their Olympic coverage). However, they will show two more matches than you have listed (one of which is already on TLN).

Here's an updated schedule:

Tuesday, February 21

2:45 PM EST - RDS - Real Madrid vs. Arsenal

2:45 PM EST - TLN - Bayern Munich vs. Milan

5:00 PM EST - TSN - Real Madrid vs. Arsenal

8:00 PM EST - TLN - Bayern Munich vs. Milan

Wednesday, February 22

12:00 AM EST - TSN - Benfica vs. Liverpool

2:45 PM EST - RDS - Chelsea vs. Barcelona

2:45 PM EST - TLN - Ajax Amsterdam vs. Internazionale

8:00 PM EST - TLN - Werder Bremen vs. Juventus

Thursday, February 23

12:00 AM EST - TSN - Chelsea vs. Barcelona

3:30 AM EST - TSN - Werder Bremen vs. Juventus

quote:Originally posted by Mike

Well that's disturbing, and I apologize. I was going on information from a teammate of mine who is usually right up on this stuff. What channel on the Rogers Toronto dial is RDS?

I doubt that you would get RDS in Toronto. Unless you have digital/satellite. But I wouldn't watch any games on RDS if I were you anyway. They spoil the results from the other matches.

Anyway, keep in mind that if you want to watch BOTH the Barca match and the Juve match, you should watch the Barca match on TSN first</u>. They won't give-away the score of the Juve match. In fact, they probably won't give-away the score of the Rangers x Villareal match either. So the order to watch Wednesday's games would be:

1) Chelsea x Barca (at midnite ET)

2) Werder x Juve (at 3:30a ET)

3) Rangers x Villareal (sometime Thursday)

The order on Tuesday would be:

1) Madrid x Arsenal (at 5:00p ET)

2) Benfica x Liverpool

3) PSV x Lyon

Not sure if TLN spoils the results of other matches during their broadcast or not. If they do NOT, then watch the LIVE TLN matches first and then you can see all 8 games without knowing the score of any beforehand. But note, the matches shown live on TLN will be spoiled if you watch the Barca and Arsenal matches on TSN.

I'm pretty sure RDS also spoils the results of other games (at least they did last year), so that's why I wouldn't watch any games on RDS if I were you.

What channel on the Rogers Toronto dial is RDS?

amacpher is correct, you need digital cable. Moreover, you need to subscribe specifically to RDS or to a French package. It's channel 673.

He was going off information from this website:

http://www.soccertv.net/canada.cfm

And it still shows Chelsea-Barca live on TSN at 2:30 Wed right now.

That site is good as a general guideline, but they make many mistakes (I know because I've been using it for years), including that Chelsea-Barca match.

If it's really important to you (like when you're taking a day off specifically to watch a match ;)) then be sure to check as many sources as possible. The most reliable information on the Web is usually that which is posted on the individual channels' Web sites. For TSN, go to tsn.ca and click "TV Schedule" at the top-left corner of the page.

It should not be surprising that TSN won't have these matches live this week because of their Olympic coverage (and rightfully so).

quote:Originally posted by amacpher

Not sure if TLN spoils the results of other matches during their broadcast or not.

From what I recall, they do spoil other matches, but not consistently. That is, they won't necessarily report every goal or even at regular intervals, but they do usually mention other results now and then. They may do this only in the commentary, so if you don't understand any Italian then you might not be spoiled (though it's very easy to understand something as simple as a result). But I'm really not sure about all this.

quote:If they do NOT, then watch the LIVE TLN matches first and then you can see all 8 games without knowing the score of any beforehand.
Except that we're getting only 6 of them in Canada, not all 8. :)

Thanks for setting me straight guys. Next time I'll check my sources... especially dealing with a Real fan ;)

I understand this is last minute now, but I do have a Champions League pool running at http://www.myofficepool.ca/index.php?act=ChampionsLeague for anyone interested. It is free to enter.

Are you gonna set one up for the world cup

quote:Originally posted by sKriSh

Are you gonna set one up for the world cup

Yes, definitely. You can add your email to the mailing list from the home page, or sign up a free member account now and that will also put you on the mailing list. Thanks for the interest.

Damn, ESPN's live scoring and UEFA's MatchCentre are both crapping out on me at work :(

Archived