Need some Help

Marco07

Hey all,

I am trying to put together a small press release for the netherlands vs canada match on the 4th of March in Victoria, BC.

Does anyone know who will be playing for the Dutch? where they play? There DOB? Caps? Goals? and possibly where they are born?

Thanks

Marco

I haven't found their rosters yet, but the best site for all things Dutch women's soccer is (in Dutch):

http://www.vrouwenvoetbal.nl/

It has all the league stuff but has lots of info about the Oranje Vrouwen, with general player pool and stuff like that.

I suggest contacting their webmaster and seeing if he knows -- I sent him a few messages last year when the team was in the Netherlands, and he was very helpful.

quote:Originally posted by Marco07

Hey all,

I am trying to put together a small press release for the netherlands vs canada match on the 4th of March in Victoria, BC.

Does anyone know who will be playing for the Dutch? where they play? There DOB? Caps? Goals? and possibly where they are born?

Thanks

Marco

Marco, when you do issue your press release, please be sure to email a copy to editor@bcsoccerweb.com.

Their last game, during a stage in Gran Canaria (Spain)

Maspalomas, Spanje

Nederlands vrouwenelftal (Vriendschappelijk)

Finland - Nederland 0-0 (0-0).

Opstelling: Marleen Wissink (FFC Frankfurt); Dyanne Bito (FFC Heike Rheine), Annemieke Griffioen (FCR Duisburg), Marloes de Boer (Be Quick’28), Petra Hogewoning (Ter Leede); Dionne Demarteau (Fortuna Wormerveer), Gilanne Louwaars (Saestum), Sylvia Smit (Be Quick’28); Manon Melis (RVVH), Nicole Delies (Oranje Nassau), Claudia van den Heiligenberg (RCL).

Wissels: 65. Jessica Torny (FFC Heike Rheine) voor Van den Heiligenberg.

And just a tidbit, but Dionne Demarteau is half Canadian. Her father is Dutch and mother is Canadian, and it'll be quite the "homecoming" as her mother's family is from Victoria and they will be able to see her play for the first time. That might be a fun angle for an article.

Thanks for the assistance, It has been very useful.

I have been checking out the site Elaine posted and there is tons of good information.

Now I am wondering if anyone reads dutch, because I am trying to understand what positions they play in and the Babelfish translations are giving me some funky answers.

http://www.vrouwenvoetbal.nl/

1. If you go to the right side menu bar and click on Oranje.

2. Then click Oranje A

3. Then click Info Internationals

There will be a list of players and when you click on their profiles there is a section that has there positions. Your help would be appreciated.

• 2 weeks later...

FYI, Dutch team coming to Canada:

Annemieke Griffioen (FCR Duisburg), Chavelli Stolk (Ter Leede), Claudia v.d. Heiligenberg (RCL), Dionne Demarteau (Fortuna Wormerveer), Dominique Vugts (STEDECO), Dyanne Bito (FFC Heike Rheine), Felicienne Minnaar (JAC), Gilanne Louwaars (Saestum), Jennifer Voss (FFC Heike Rheine), Karin Legemate (Ter Leede), Liesbeth Migchelsen (Fortuna Wormerveer), Loes Geurts (FFC Heike Rheine), Manon Melis (RVVH), Marleen Wissink (FFC Frankfurt), Marloes de Boer (Be Quick’28), Nicole Delies (Oranje Nassau), Petra Hogewoning (Ter Leede), Anouk Hoogendijk (Saestum), Shirley Smith (Saestum), Sylvia Smit (Be Quick’28).

Archived