Andy Cole to Coach Ghana at the WC

zacRWE

you herd it.... isn't that weird? I didn't know he had any coaching ambitions? well, as the article says, Ghana aproached him. take a peak...

-----------------------------------------------------

Andy Cole to coach Ghana?

Associated Press

Posted: 1 hour ago

LONDON (AP) - Former England striker Andy Cole is interested in a coaching role with Ghana at next year's World Cup.

The 34-year-old said he was approached by Ghanian soccer officials and will meet with them on Nov. 9.

"I'm really interested in what Ghana have to say and I am looking forward to meeting them to talk about the job," Cole was quoted as saying in The Sun newspaper on Saturday.

Ghana, whose star player is Chelsea's Michael Essien, has qualified for its first World Cup finals in Germany.

"We want to give our players the best preparation possible for this World Cup and believe Cole could play a very important part in that," Ghanaian soccer official Dennis Tawian told The Sun.

Cole played at Manchester United from 1995 to 2001, winning the 1999 Champions League and five Premier League titles. He played 15 times for England, and is now at Manchester City.

----------------------------------------------------

taken from "www.foxsports.com"

Archived