Toronto Star poll

RealGooner

The Star is running a poll. The question is "Should Toronto be spending $10M to help Maple Leafs Sports and Entertainment build a soccer stadium? " I find the question is biased because it doesn't mention that Toronto will own this facitity, but only focuses (predictably) on the MLSE angle. Sounds like Dave Perkins wrote the question. Go and vote yes willya? Nos are winning 225-75:(

http://www.thestar.com/NASApp/cs/ContentServer?pagename=thestar/Render&inifile=futuretense.ini&c=Page&cid=968332188492&pubid=968163964505#

I really dont care what the pole says. What is relevent is that the deal is approved and finally we will get a stadium.

It has long been a short fall in this city.

Its a shame it will be field turf, but Field turf is FIFA approved and the City needs to use the facility year round.

What we all should do is flood the Star with emails and letters lettting them know our feelings and our disgust with thier tactics.

Let them know we think Perkins is scum and he and the likes of McClown are way off base.

We also have to come up with some chants for the ASnti's.

Lets bask in the glow.

It got 75 yea's? That's pretty good for an after the fact poll. Most in favours are probably saying "whatever." Plus, the framing of the question makes it possible for the respondant to be in favour of the stadium and MLS but be against civic money being used. So it isn't a fair indication that its unpopular because it's soccer.

I'm willing to bet the response would have been similar for Ricoh Coliseum or any other public contribution to a sports facility.

Archived