Sept 9 - Puerto Rico vs Toronto [R]

DJT

Puerto Rico Islanders (8-8-10) vs. Toronto Lynx (3-8-15)

Live now on FSWC!

This match has big playoff implications, including helping to determine who will face Vancouver in the first round. See the USL D1 playoff scenarios thread. Essentially it is a must-win match for Puerto Rico, though they would not be mathematically eliminated with a draw (they would be with a loss).

Final:

Puerto Rico 2Toronto 0

28' PR Petter Villegas

42' PR Noah Delgado

I missed the first half but apparently Puerto Rico greatly dominated. Toronto seemed to do a bit better in the second half. Lyndon Hooper came on for the last 15-20 minutes.

So Puerto Rico stay alive in the playoff hunt, but they must hope that Portland do not win on Saturday and then must get another result against Toronto on Sunday. Scenarios updated in the other thread.

Originally posted by nbk - 09/10/2005 : 02:50:35</u>

I watched the lynx v.s peurto rico and huffman was lynx man of the match. he looked sharp when combine with williems in the middle of the park. they had a good game. sean looked good also at the start of the match...

Caught the second half and one Lynx midfielder had something vaguely familiar about his runs. I was shocked to hear Lyndon Hooper was back on the pitch. Good for him.

I watched the Toronto vs Puerto Rico match Friday on FSW... Let's just say its a good thing Toronto didn't make it to the play offs... it would be completely embarassing... Honestly the only good players I see on the pitch are the ones who you can tell work hard at practice and take things seriously... not the ones who are about 20 years old and act like they're 2... rules are rules and these guys simply can't follow them to save their lives... The organization as a whole needs to step up and realize how far behind they are in regards to the rest of Div. 1... Who names these 'players of the match' anyway?? Huffman?? Um.. PLEASE!! Spare me the laughs... why don't we pick a guy who actually works hard during the game and during practices?! If someone was to really look for a great player, why don't we pick... hmm... Lyndon (amazing and should have played more this season... he could be a ray of hope) or Richard (Goddard)... some of the saves he made were absoultely amazing... or just about any of the other guys who work their butts off... I never knew man of the match was based on pure laziness... maybe its just me, but someone needs to get their eyes checked!!

Why would it be embarassing if the Lynx made the post season? As bad of a year that they had they were never blown out (maybe 4-1 against PR yesterday or 5-2 against Rochester could be considered). The Lynx led many games and blew them late. We also played Montreal and Rochester tight all year. The only Lazy player on the Lynx is Said Ali... no one else. Joe Mattiacione, Robbie Aristodemo, Andreas Arango and Taty Matondo work really hard... not too mention the rest of the squad.

As for Richard Goddard, he look great when he played... thats no surprise that he played well inthe absense of Theo... but Like in anyother sport, when your number 1 player in that position come back you put him in.

They onlything embarassing about the Lynx is the "Stadium" we play in!

Actually with all due respect to the fans and players, just about everything about the Lynx is embarrassing. Particularly embarrassing is that when they actually get a couple of good players they ship them to Montreal on a free transfer so they won't have to pay their wages for the rest of the season. If Toronto does get an MLS franchise lets hope it will be run in a far less embarrassing manner.

quote:Originally posted by Trinisrggyal

Let's just say its a good thing Toronto didn't make it to the play offs... it would be completely embarassing...

That doesn't really make sense. If they made the playoffs then that would mean that they were a better team!

quote:Originally posted by Grizzly

when they actually get a couple of good players

That makes it sound as though they rarely get any good players. If that were true then there wouldn't be so many complaints about how they keep losing players!

I'm not a fan of the Hartrells, but I don't have a problem with the fact that they don't have the money to acquire and keep top players. That's not embarassing, that's reality for the vast majority of clubs in the world.

Archived