Fury All Over Canadians

sudcan

Two games in eighteen hours took it’s toll on the on the young Canadians as the Fury put on a clinic with seven unanswered goals. The Canadians had five starters sidelined with injuries and the strain was evident as the Canadians tried to contain a very talented and experienced soccer team.

Head Coach: Frank Malvaso had nothing but praise for the Ottawa Fury. “This is a talented team that is very competent in all aspects of the game and they demonstrated this all over the field. Ottawa will likely prove to be one of the top teams in the W League.”

Malvaso was also complimentary of his own players. Needless to say no one likes to loose but our players didn’t give up, they worked as hard as they could against a considerably more experienced side. No doubt we will treat this as learning experience.

The Canadians are now focused on quickly mending as the squad will be back in action June 8 th in Toronto.

Toronto Goal Scores

Rhian Wilkonson

Kelly Parker

Carmelina Moscato 2

Leah Robinson 2

Amy Vermeulen

Having played sport at a national level myself I don't buy this argument that young athletes can't manage two soccer games in 18 hours or two days in succession. Young, fit, well trained athletes who should be training on an almost daily basis should be able to handle 180 minutes of soccer during this period with ease unless there is some other off-field reason like too much partying. This argument is nothing but an excuse for simply being beaten.

everybody that has watch the Fury play would only dream that one day our national would adopt such a style of play

the movement of the ball is fantastic

the percentage of posession is far greater that any other Canadian team I have seen so far

they keeps coming at you in waves they simply got burnt by a team that know how football should really be played in the first place

even an adequately fit team will have a tough time holding them back for 90 mins they have the best midfield player in the country in Kelly Parker.

their passing game is a delight to watch far better that lady Whitecaps and all their Pellerudians.

Archived