Anything specific about York stadium?

Elias

quote:Originally posted by Gian-Luca

The only part I saw was an unintentionally hilarious exchange between Pipe and a group of reporters with microphones in his face. The exchange went something like this:

Pipe: "The stadium is going ahead, no question about it"

Reporters: "Do you have a plan B?

Pipe: "For what? I told you, the stadiums going ahead!!"

I pray you are right Kevan, I really do.

That's the only thing I've seen specifically about York stadium. Did they say anything about where the $20 million is coming from (Super 7 this Friday?).

And I don't believe York has said they are 100% moving forward. They keep saying they have to rework the plans and that, "the board must approve the plans", that's the same thing UofT was saying. Who's going to pay the annual costs? The 300 fans that watch York football, or the Lynx?

The WYC is going from what could have been a huge turning point in Canadian soccer, to becoming a disaster. Frankly, there doesn't need to be any games in Toronto.

Apparently they will be building a stadium based on a price of $50 mil rather than 70 mil by reducing size from 25000 to 20000 and removing some of the bells and whistles originally designed for the Argos. The CSA are adamant it will be ready by summer 2007.

quote:Originally posted by RealGooner

Apparently they will be building a stadium based on a price of $50 mil rather than 70 mil by reducing size from 25000 to 20000 and removing some of the bells and whistles originally designed for the Argos. The CSA are adamant it will be ready by summer 2007.

Sadly this stadium will not take place, the CSA can't handle this

thing on their own, no matter how much they say they can, they don't

have the capital to build the stadium themselves.

Archived