April 29 - Puerto Rico vs. Montreal [R]

DJT

Ugh, the broadcast is difficult to understand due to my lack of French skills and poor sound quality. I didn't have problems last year! The bitrate of the stream is low, but I wonder if they're also phoning in the broadcast from Puerto Rico.

Anyway, Vincello scored in the first few minutes, then Puerto Rico tied it about 10 minutes (?) later.

From the Montreal Impact:

PUERTO RICO, April 29, 2005 - The Montreal Impact kicked off its 2005 season with a 1-1 tie against the Puerto Rico Islanders, Friday, at Juan Ramon Loubriel Stadium, in Bayamon, Puerto Rico, in front of 8874 spectators.

SUMMARY

Defender Mauricio Vincello scored the first goal of the season for the Impact at the 4th minute. After receiving a pass from captain Mauro Biello on top of the box, Vincello beat goalkeeper Dan Kennedy with a high shot in the top right corner of the net.

The Islanders tied the game at the 20th minute when defender Alexis Rivera beat Impact goalkeeper Greg Sutton with a low shot to his left.

Forward Kevin Wilson, who joined the team this week, made his debut with the Impact when he was substituted in for Mauro Biello at the 76th minute.

This was the first game of the season for both teams.

Both teams will square off again on Sunday (5:00 pm, CKAC) at Juan Ramon Loubriel Stadium.

GOALS

MTL: Mauricio Vincello (Mauro Biello) 4

PR: Alexis Riveira (Juninho Da Silva) 20

IMPACT LINE-UP

Greg Sutton, Mauricio Vincello, Gabriel Gervais, Adam Braz, Lars Lyssand, Masahiro Fukasawa, Patrick Leduc, Sandro Grande, Antonio Ribeiro, Mauro Biello (Kevin Wilson 76), Eduardo Sebrango

ISLANDERS LINE-UP

Dan Kennedy, Raphael Ortiz, Chris Gores, Marco Velez, Alexis Riveira, Alejandro Gonzalez (Noah Delgado 60), Johanes Maliza, Juninho DaSilva (Luis Zeluta 77), Isaac Nieves (Michael Mourelo 65), Drew McAthy, Corey Woolfolk

THE REFEREES

Reggie Rutti, Antonio Lopez, Juan Perez, Bosch

NOTES

Still nursing a thigh injury, Montreal Impact defender Nevio Pizzolitto did not start the game. Forward Eduardo Sebrango, who sprained his ankle during the pre-season match against the Concordia Stingers Wednesday was part of the starting line-up.

The Impact intends to get midfielder Zé Roberto back from the Philadelphia Kixx (MISL) for May 1st so he could be part of the trip to Virginia Beach on May 7.

NEXT GAME

The Impact will play the second game of its double header against the Islanders in Puerto Rico on Sunday, May 1st, at 5:00 pm (CKAC 730).

-30-

Source: Patrick Vallée

Info: 514-328-3668 (ext. 27)

quote:Originally posted by DJT

Ugh, the broadcast is difficult to understand due to my lack of French skills and poor sound quality. I didn't have problems last year! The bitrate of the stream is low, but I wonder if they're also phoning in the broadcast from Puerto Rico.

Anyway, Vincello scored in the first few minutes, then Puerto Rico tied it about 10 minutes (?) later.

Let's just say they had problems to establish the communication and decided to do it by phone. The game was hard to follow even if french is my first language. Add to that the fact that the crowd was really noisy (according to the RDS journalist who posts on Impact soccer).

Yes, it was very noisy. That came through on the Webcast, especially when Puerto Rico scored. It was a huge roar, which at first I thought was a sound effect or something because I didn't expect that much crowd noise.

Archived