Hockey people show up for a game during a blizzard

argh1

I had to go to work. But if I didn't home is where I'd be! During the middle of a blizzard at 4pm on a Sunday afternoon almost 7,000 people go to a hockey game? Sports fans are insane. Transit buses off the road, airport closed, bus station closed, call centres renting floors of hotels for their workers, maybe 20 taxis out of the over 300 licensed on the road (I know I had to try to get a cab or two and a few rooms for a few stranded out of town long haul drivers) and we sports dicks go to a hockey game!

Human nature never stops to surprise!

Boxscore Mooseheads vs Wildcats Sunday Jan 23rd

quote:Originally posted by argh1

I had to go to work. But if I didn't home is where I'd be! During the middle of a blizzard at 4pm on a Sunday afternoon almost 7,000 people go to a hockey game? Sports fans are insane. Transit buses off the road, airport closed, bus station closed, call centres renting floors of hotels for their workers, maybe 20 taxis out of the over 300 licensed on the road (I know I had to try to get a cab or two and a few rooms for a few stranded out of town long haul drivers) and we sports dicks go to a hockey game!

Human nature never stops to surprise!

Boxscore Mooseheads vs Wildcats Sunday Jan 23rd

There wasn't 7000 there because of the blizzard.

http://www.canadaeast.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20050124/TTEBRIEF/301240141/-1/FRONTPAGE

Archived