Check out George Gross

Guest Ed

As much as I like Forrest and Dick Howard, I don't think they could have salvaged

our MNT campaign into the next round. Mr. Gross points to Holger's success in Gold Cup

(2000 and 2002), but fails to point out Holger's failure in WCQ as well as the GC2003.

Suddenly it's better to have Forrest or Yallop at the helm instead of Yallop, the CSA's

choice.

I find the article full of holes and no new info. Stick to the Leafs, George. Oh wait,

there's no hockey ...

As much as I recognize his knowledge and abilities about soccer, his story seems very dated.

Was there anything new or surprising? Newsflash: CSA incompetent? And yet, he points to

Holger as a successful coach, whereas WE know he wasn't exactly. Just because FIFA hired him

doesn't mean he would done better this WCQ round. And what's the deal with Forrest or Howard

having some earth-shattering ideas about starting a league? Hmmm ...

As for my "stick to the Leafs" comment, I was referring to another hockey piece following

this soccer piece. No disrespect intended, but why is this type of writing necessary?

I just didn't find the article interesting, with anything new. If in addition he interviewed Sharpe,

Yallop, Holger or even any MNT member, then something new (and balanced) would emerge.

Boo hoo. Canadian soccer's pathetic. The CSA's to blame. Do you need another

article to confirm that?

Okay Luis, suggest something. You see, after a while, all these whining will

bring nothing but deaf ears. Here's a suggestion: write to Forrest and Dick Howard,

or even George Gross, and see if you can set up a meeting to discuss several steps

to improving the CSA or the state of soccer.

With all due respect, it is EASY to write about the negative state of soccer. It is

another to get a more balanced article with something new and refreshing to say.

Yes redhat,

We need many, many more articles to confirm that the CSA is run by morons. I know it is, you know it is, but most of the general public has no clue. The more media attention that is brought upon the jerk offs who are in charge of the CSA, the more chance that change might actually occur.

quote:Originally posted by redhat

Was there anything new or surprising?

Perhaps I missed it along the line somewhere, but I don't recall ever hearing that Dick Howard and (especially) Craig Forrest approached the CSA to help out with the national team, only to be turned away. I find this incredible, and it sinks the CSA just that much lower in my mind.

quote:Originally posted by G

The more media attention that is brought upon the jerk offs who are in charge of the CSA, the more chance that change might actually occur.

I see what you all mean. And yes if change occurs, I'm for it!

As for the Howard and Forrest thing, I heard about Forrest's offer, not necessarily Mr.Howard's. Yet this doesn't surprise me. THe CSA

is a hierarchy that doesn't want to be criticized.

My position is that if we are really inclined for change, we should

seriously approach it with more organization and more thought than just complaining. I sincerely hope that people on this board

(Luis,etc.) forward some proposals that's fathomable in light of the

complex challenges in running soccer, not just the men's program.

Thanks to everyone for offering sane arguments regarding the article

and the CSA.

Does anyone know any details about what roles Forrest and Howard offered to play? Gross mentions ideas about a national league, but it sounded more like a random example of what the CSA needs help with than anything solid. I assume that they wanted to help with player development or something technical, rather than the management/coaching side of things. Has Forrest ever been certified as a coach?

Archived