Bayern Amenable to Hargreaves Transfer

Grizzly

For all my fellow Hargreaves haters ;) In an interview with Kicker, Rummenige is pretty irritated with Kahn talking about a transfer to the media (and not to Bayern about it) but doesn't seem concerned about losing Hargreaves, i.e. looks like Bayern would rather have the money they can get for him than retaining him. The part of the Kicker article pertaining to Hargreaves is below:

Kicker:

The Bayern leadership is openly amenable to the transfer wish of English national team player Owen Hargreaves. "When Liverpool makes us an offer that is of an aceptable level, we will get involved", says Rummenigge.

Zugänglich ist die Bayern-Führung offenbar für die Wechselwünsche des englischen Nationalspielers Owen Hargreaves. "Wenn Liverpool ein Angebot macht, das in akzeptabler Höhe liegt, werden wir uns damit befassen“, sage Rummenigge.

More rumblings from Bayern about getting rid of Hargreaves:

"There is still a lot of time until the end of the transfer period. We have too many players" explains Club Manager Uli Hoeness. Therefore, Owen Hargreaves (23) will be released early from his contract which is valid until 2006. "When an offer comes we will let him go" says Hoeness. A two digit million sum is being considered. Representatives of FC Liverpool have announced their arrival in the next few days.

Aber bis zum Ende der Transferperiode (31. August) "bleibt noch viel Zeit", merkt der Vereinsmanager an und erklärt: "Wir haben zu viele Spieler."

Deshalb würde Owen Hargreaves (23) vorzeitig aus seinem bis 2006 gültigen Vertrag entlassen. "Wenn ein Angebot kommt", sagt Hoeneß, "geben wir ihn ab." Gedacht ist an einen zweistelligen Millionen-Betrag. Vertreter des FC Liverpool haben ihr Kommen in den nächsten Tagen angekündigt.

Liverpool no longer has the money for Hargreaves after the transfer of Gerrard to Chelsea fell through. They had spoken to Hargreaves during the Euro. Liverpool are still interested and would like to sell Hamann but this will be dificult given his salary. Independent of this development the Bayern management has indicated that it still wants to sell Hargreaves.

Ob bis dahin auch wieder Owen Hargreaves (23) zum Personal zählen wird, ist weiter offen. Da aus dem 60 Millionen Euro schweren Transfer des englischen Nationalspielers Steven Gerrard (24) zum FC Chelsea nichts wird, fehlt dem FC Liverpool nun das Geld, um für Hargreaves im zweistelligen Millionen-Bereich zu investieren. Mit dem Bayern-Spieler Nummer 23 hatten Vertreter des FC Liverpool während der EURO gesprochen. Der für diese Woche angekündigte Besuch der Briten entfällt; vorerst.

Allerdings gibt es beim FC Liverpool noch eine andere Planung. Der Klub ließ seine Bereitschaft erkennen, Didi Hamann (30) vorzeitig aus seinem bis 2005 gültigen Vertrag zu entlassen. Doch der deutsche Nationalspieler bezieht in Liverpool sechs Millionen Euro brutto pro Jahr, wird also schwer zu vermitteln sein. Unabhängig davon ist die Führung des FC Bayern weiter an einem Verkauf Hargreaves' interessiert.

• 2 weeks later...

Ja, Sie haben das gut uebersetzt. I wonder, though, how Hargreaves will fare in the Premiership. There's a novelty factor about him now, being an English player with Bayern Munich. It helps him stand out from the crowd. But in the Premiership he might just fade away and be seen as another decent and competent player, but nothing special.

Any thoughts on this?

Guest Jeffery S.

I had a terrible anxiety attack today after hearing Rijkaard, Barça coach, coming back from vacations and insisting on a defensive mid to replace Davids. Started to think about possible players out there to do the job and a certain name came to mind. Can't say how nervous I got about the possibility of Owen here, and it would not be that far-fetched as Barça has been talking to Bayern about Ballack for weeks, supposedly the clubs have good relations. Started thinking, please don't let it happen, I couldn't live with it. Just made me sick to think about.

Then they announced the signing of Silvinho, ex Celta Viga and before that Arsenal this afternoon. Not exactly the right position, but I think they'll move folks around (push a defender into defensive mid) and we'll be spared the nightmare of such a player as OH staining our shirt.

(Even more OT: Barça will have 5 Brazilians on the squad this upcoming year, these four latter with EU status (Ronaldinho, Silvinho, Belletti, Deco, and from the youth ranks Motta). Don't like that at all, prefer the international mosaic model myself).

Archived