Help Needed: Toronto Star Campaign

Massive Attack

It appears that the Toronto Star is cutting back on its soccer coverage. Yesterday, the Star had no representative at the Toronto Lynx press conference. It also appears that the Star's dedicated soccer writer, Norman Da Costa, will no longer be covering soccer for the paper (he hasn't written an article since March 9, 2004). I think to solve this problem, we should begin an email campaign to let the Star know that we want increased soccer coverage in their Sports Section. Please be polite, but try to get your point across. Here are a few things you can let the Star know:

1. Soccer participation in this country rivals only hockey in terms of number of people.

2. The Toronto Sun ran an article today on the Toronto Lynx press conference.

3. Threaten to stop suscribing/buying the Toronto Star if its local and national soccer coverage is not increased.

4. Tell the Star that you have enjoyed their previous coverage, such as Norm's articles.

5. Basically, let them know that you are a soccer fan, and that you want more soccer coverage.

If any one can think of any other points, feel free to add to my list.

Finally, here are a list of contacts at the Star to send these messages to:

Letters to the Editor

Send your contribution to Letters to the Editor via email to lettertoed@thestar.ca; via fax to 416-869-4322; or by mail to One Yonge Street, Toronto, Ontario M5E 1E6. Letters must include full name, address and all phone numbers of sender (daytime, evening and cellphone). Street names and phone numbers will not be published. We reserve the right to edit letters, which typically run 50-300 words. Please note: We get many more letters than we have space to print. Due to the volume, we unfortunately cannot acknowledge every submission.

You may send letters on sports-related issues to the Sports Editor. Send your submission via email to sportsletters@thestar.ca; via fax to 416-865-3999; or by mail to Letters to the Sports Editor, One Yonge Street, Toronto, Ontario M5E 1E6. Letters must include full name, address, and phone numbers of sender. Street names and phone numbers will not be published. We reserve the right to edit letters, which typically run 50-150 words.

Sports

Editor: Graham Parley

Phone: 416-869-4361

Fax: 416-865-3999

Email: sports@thestar.ca

----------------------------------------------------------------------

I plead to the posters on this board, especially those from the Tononto area, to join in on this campaign.

Thank you.

quote:Originally posted by DJT

Massive Attack, I just figured out who you are on the other forum. Why the two different names?

When I first signed onto this forum I wasn't able to use the [ and ] characters in my user name and I didn't feel like making my user name one letter only. I usually don't post as often on the old board (until recently) so I never really cared to use the same name on both boards.

Archived