Prinz ......Serie A?

argh1

I hope not, even though their owner is a clown, the team is a breeding ground of young up and coming talent....

I went to their season opener, and met the owner in the stand, the man is a showman pure and simple... Think Barnum and Bailey meets Dom Deluise meets George Steinbrenner...

They have a great little team, the best stadium in Serie A, and the best coach of a little team, but it just isn't the same without Miccoli

Publicity stunt. From what I've seen and read, the owner of Perugia is a media whore. Three stories from them in the news that have little to do with football.

1. The sacking of Ahn, the Korean who scored against the Italians in the World Cup (oh man, that was sweet).

2. The buying of Khadafi, although it has been reported he has little actual football talent.

3. The potential buying of Prinz, or the Swedish woman, and making comments such as "She is very beautiful, and has a great figure." Even though a female player was recently banned from playing in a minor league in Italy. And don't forget that Wickenheiser wasn't allowed to play in the Italian hockey league. Regardless, I think Prinz is a great player, but there is no chance she will be able to play in Serie A. Serie B or C, perhaps?

I am sick of reading Perugia headlines. I hope they get relegated, and never make it back to Serie A. But then again, they may be the most entertaining thing going in Italian soccer.

The reason they are not developing players is that teams like Lazio, Roma or Juventus are taking the players before they can be developed beyond what they bring from the lower divisions...I've watched some games in Serie C1 and to bring players from that league and make them compete like Grosso, Miccoli, or Liverani, is simply remarkable...I dont know if you've ever seen C1, but its MAYBE the equivalant of the CPSL.... ok maybe i'm giving the CPSL a little credit...ok a LOT of credit :)

As for the publicity stunt factor, Perugia needs it...The sports papers in Italy are covered in the big 6, and maybe 1 or two pages for the rest of the Serie A or B...Frankly Gaucci needs to be a showman to even get his team recognised..Hey i hear ya, The stunts hes pulled are asinine but to compete with Juve, who get 3 to 4 pages in Corriere dello Sport PER DAY for example, then Inter, then AC Milan, and it goes on, he needs to be the big clown to get ANY coverage.

just as an aside, I can assure you for those of us who are supporters of Canada and Italy, the Ahn goal was not very sweet..But hey who doesn't like seeing the big fall to the small.....oh yeah, FORZA CANADA :)

Archived