Barca - Real match [R]

amacpher

Biggest rivalry in all of sports? Hmm.

I don't think many people will have much to say about this match as it will not be seen in Canada, except for those few people who steal ;) those channels.

But, hey, Lazio vs. Juventus is on Telelatino at the same time!

quote:Originally posted by DJT

But, hey, Lazio vs. Juventus is on Telelatino at the same time!

Yeah, that should be a good game too (I'll watch it at 5:30 :)). I couldn't believe that Siena-Lazio game last week! Both teams were attacking like there was no tomorrow! Siena was just playing unbelievably good!

quote:Originally posted by Gunner

Desperate to find someplace in Toronto to see the Real - Barca match... Anyone know any pubs that might be showing it?

Help!

Try this place (they have the game scheduled to be shown):

http://www.angelfire.com/crazy/eurosportbar/livesoccer.html

quote:Originally posted by DJT

Biggest rivalry in all of sports? Hmm.

Where else do you see a pig's head being thrown at a player??

Guest Jeffery S.

From the inside, we are damn depressed here. The Malaga 5-1 loss did not help. Perhaps more down are the fools that went for this new president Laporta, the guy who conned everyone on the Beckham signing, got the votes he needed, and now runs the show. A slick young yuppy, but not clear he understands football. And lord knows we need someone who does.

As for the game itself, they are usually very intense, but not that great. A much better classic match-up is Barça-Atletico Madrid, more goals and better play. Who knows why.

Madrid beat Barça in Champions semis a few years back at Camp Nou, and once in a SuperCup in the mid-90s. But in league play they have not only not won in 20 years, they have only led matches a total of 20 minutes in the last 20 league games. So the 10 point spread in the league will likely even out a bit.

quote:Originally posted by Jeffrey S.

Madrid beat Barça in Champions semis a few years back at Camp Nou, and once in a SuperCup in the mid-90s. But in league play they have not only not won in 20 years, they have only led matches a total of 20 minutes in the last 20 league games. So the 10 point spread in the league will likely even out a bit.

I hope you're right, but I think Madrid will kill them tomorrow! Lets face it - Rijkaard doesn't know what he's doing!? And Ronaldo is looking like the best striker in the World again. Then there's Beckham - at this moment I can't think of a midfielder anywhere playing better than him. Prediction: Barca 1, Madrid 3 (but I wouldn't be surprised if it finished 1-6).

Archived