U20 keepers (formerly "Djekanovic: 4 straight SO")

Guest Jeffery S.

Guest Jeffery S.

Srdjan Djekanovic is playing regularly for his 3rd tier Serbia team and has had four straight shut-outs on a team that is 2nd in their division. It also seems that he has not had contact with the CSA about going to UAE, which is quite disappointing for him, since right now he is our u-20 player who is playing the most in official matches at the highest level (don't know if Rayner is playing for Port Talbot, but I imagine that the bottom of Wales could be similar to Srdjan's level in Serbia 3rd division).

This might suggest that Ali Karim will go from the El Salvador ties to the U-20 camp along with Rayner and Fernandes, unless the CSA decides on something different in the next few days.

Guest Jeffery S.

I just checked the CSA player pools lists and they have Fernandes, Karim and Djekanovic on the lists for the World Youth Cup, while Rayner is listed only for the Olympic squad. But if the cup is coming up soon and the CSA would have to talk to Srdjan's team to get him released, it is odd that he would not know anything yet.

Anyone know how to find out how Rayner is doing at Port Talbot?

I'll check on the Syracuse site for Karim's season later today, unless anyone else is up for it.

Guest Jeffery S.

Good Show Sigma. Well I guess that means Karim does not go into NCAA playoffs. Nor could it be said his season was that hot.

As for Rayner, good find. Interesting about Wales is that the league does not stop for FIFA dates, so if he went to El Salvador (he doesn't) he would have missed a couple games, as is if he goes to UAE he'll miss quite a few. At least he's playing.

Notice where his former team Barry Town is, one point on the season, dead last, after having won League and Cup with him in the nets and playing previous Champions rounds. Good for him to bail out.

On the other board there is a mysterious post about Fernandes not going to the World Youth Cup, but if both Dani and Srdjan is out, who it in? Rayner and Karim? Would they not take three keepers?

Guest Jeffery S.

Good Show Sigma. Well I guess that means Karim does not go into NCAA playoffs. Nor could it be said his season was that hot.

As for Rayner, good find. Interesting about Wales is that the league does not stop for FIFA dates, so if he went to El Salvador (he doesn't) he would have missed a couple games, as is if he goes to UAE he'll miss quite a few. At least he's playing.

Notice where his former team Barry Town is, one point on the season, dead last, after having won League and Cup with him in the nets and playing previous Champions rounds. Good for him to bail out.

On the other board there is a mysterious post about Fernandes not going to the World Youth Cup, but if both Dani and Srdjan is out, who it in? Rayner and Karim? Would they not take three keepers?

quote:Originally posted by Jeffrey S.

I think Barry Town went through some major financial difficulties (and had trouble getting players to play for them, at least at one point?).

Fun facts: Port Talbot's average attendance last season was 226. After 3 games this season it was 198. The league average has been 250-300 over the last several seasons.

quote:Originally posted by DJT

I think Barry Town went through some major financial difficulties (and had trouble getting players to play for them, at least at one point?).

Fun facts: Port Talbot's average attendance last season was 226. After 3 games this season it was 198. The league average has been 250-300 over the last several seasons.

Barry dropped from being a professional side. They've apparently built up some huge debts.

Archived