When is Canada's next game?

ziv2002

Haven't you been reading all the posts? ;)

The Gold Cup starts Saturday when we play Costa Rica. We then play Cuba on Monday. That is all for the first round. If we finish first or second then we advance to the quarterfinals where we would play either the United States, El Salvador or Martinique. See http://www.concacaf.com/graphics/photos/goldcup2003.html.

Beyond the Gold Cup the only match we have scheduled at this time is a friendly at Finland on October 11.

Perhaps the sentiment François intended to put across was that given the amount of preparation we typically get for national team games, we're always at about the same state of readiness? That also explains the Estonia loss, incidentally.

Still no smiley for facetiousness.

Allez les Rouges,

M@

sorry,i didn't meant to hurt anybody,

if you want to fill beter i well just tell you that Canada lost

4-1 to Germany,but last year when Israel played against Germany,

we were leading 1-0 at half time,but lost the game 7-1!!!

now that hurts!!!

Israel are on their way to...

Euro 2004!!!

I would seem that this Germany team might be a pretty good team. And to think that only three years ago, Der Spiegel ran a headline that translated as "WE ARE THE SOCCER IDIOTS OF EUROPE".

A sentiment that was only untrue in the sense that England were also the soccer idiots of Europe that summer. What a fine tournament that was.

Allez les Rouges,

M@

quote:Originally posted by mattbin

I would seem that this Germany team might be a pretty good team. And to think that only three years ago, Der Spiegel ran a headline that translated as "WE ARE THE SOCCER IDIOTS OF EUROPE".

A sentiment that was only untrue in the sense that England were also the soccer idiots of Europe that summer. What a fine tournament that was.

Allez les Rouges,

M@

im sorry,but,what tournament are you talking about exakly?

Euro 2004!!!

That would be Euro 2000, when perennial contenders Germany and England (lol, did I really call England a perennial contender????) got dumped out contention during their group round by Rumania and Portugal. (I think I've got it right.)

Blair

quote:Originally posted by ziv2002

Euro 2004!!!

quote:Originally posted by ziv2002

Euro 2000. After their 3-0 humiliation at the hands of Portugal's second stringers, the German press was a little hard on the poor boys.

By the way, a correction--it was Bild, not Der Spiegel, that called Germany the soccer idiots of Europe. Still a wonderful headline though.

Allez les Rouges,

M@

quote:Originally posted by Massive Attack

Hey Ziv, I was only being sarcastic.

-------------------------

"Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery,

None but ourselves can free our minds..."

Redemption Song - Bob Marley

Massive Attack I know you were being sarcastic :),

and by the way,Germany arn't "poor boyes",

the play very very ugly soccer!!

not like Portugal or Spain!