How does it work???

ziv2002

hey!

im ziv (15.5) and i live at israel but my father is canadian,i like soccer very much and im pretty good at that,not long ago i was playing for a small youth team in israel.

anyway,on the next year or two i well fly to canada and im thinking about joining a soccer team thare,the problem is that i dont know how the soccer works on canada,

do you have a profeshenal league?

are people in canada coming to see the games(if thare are any games...)

and a bunch of qustions like that,

thank you very much,

ziv.

ps:

sorry for the spelling mastakes...

Hi Ziv, and welcome to the board.

Soccer is a sport that is on the rise in Canada (it is the most played sport in the country), but it is in a perpetual struggle to get the professional game going.

There are 4 clubs in Canada that play in the U.S. second division (A-league http://www.a-league.com). Those clubs are: Toronto Lynx, Calgary Storm, Vancouver Whitecaps and Montreal Impact. That is the highest level of professional play in Canada. Many say it is similar in talent to the English 2nd or 3rd division.

There is also a semi-professional league called the CPSL (www.cpsl.ca). This is Canada's second division in a sense. It's relatively new, and has teams in Quebec and Ontario only.

Out west there is similar league called the PCSL, which has teams from western Canada and the Northwestern U.S. (http://www.pcsl.bc.ca), but these are mainly amateur teams.

In terms of attendance, Vancouver seems to draw the most people, about 10 000 on a good night (correct me if I'm wrong folks). Most fans who come out to matches are children who play in the local leagues.

I hope that answers any questions, and I invite anyone to correct me if I made some mistakes...

Mimglow, Ottawa

Where are the weapons of mass destruction?

Archived