Edmonton Pro Team

jmk

I've been hearing commercials on the Team 1260 and The Bear radio stations here in Edmonton, for a contest to name Edmonton's new professional soccer team. They didn't include any other details about the team besides that, didn't say anything about what league or anything like that. Anybody know what this commercial is all about?

jmk:

Where the heck have you been? <smile>

Columns have been published by Terry Jones and even that gossip columnist Hicks in the Sun about the team.

They will play in the A-League next year. Joe Petrone is the local soccer contact.

The $ comes from a number of local investors and an arrangement with the Edmonton Soccer Association.

Petrone and the team have agreed to an arrangement which will require a significant percentage fo the team to come from locals.

I do not think that they have announced their coach but many are predicting given Petrone's influence that it will be Ross Onagaro again.

Cheers, hope to see you at the games next year.

Good point Doyle. I had completely forgotten about the futsal hiring...mind you, likely reflects my interest in that aspect of soccer <grin>.

Any thoughts on who might be "game" for the position if he is not "in the running"?

Archived