June 6: Lynx at Impact (R)

Silvio

1-0 Final in what sounded like a close match.

Martin Nash scores the goal, his first for the Impact, on a set play. Greg Sutton had a stellar game getting the shutout.

For the Lynx, Ali Ngon played well until he was subbed out in the 65th min.

quote:Originally posted by The Coach

Why you say that ??

The Coach

Because there are 2 VCup games between all Canadian teams and this was one of the 4 games in total that these teams play. It was a CanAm Cup game, however.

Allez l'Impact!

Allez les Rouges!

Allons Ultras!

posted on: torontosupport.blogspot.com

Montreal 1 – Toronto 0

Another match.

Another loss.

Another zero goal effort.

Maybe I have not made myself entirely clear in previous posts. I never said that the Lynx couldn’t score goals. If this was the impression, then I apologize. I actually meant to say that the Lynx didn’t score goals.

According to what I have heard from eyewitness accounts, our slightly below average lads in yellow had numerous chances on goal last night at CCR. Naturally, since it is easy to mistake football for the driving range by my office, none of them went in. This somehow does not surprise me. After all, the only goal I have actually seen with my own cyborg eyes so far this season has been a rather scrappy affair.

I am a football fanatic. I believe it’s a fantastic sport. So do many people I know, but it’s hard to convince anyone to come out to Centennial to watch a game when the team has done nothing but embarrass themselves.

For example…

>>Me: Hey Jimmy, wanna come see the Lynx on Sunday…maybe we can grab a pint afterwards?

>>Jimmy: Yeah maybe, how are they playing these days?

>>Me: 2-2-5

>>Jimmy: Er, I’d rather head over to Jarvis and smoke a rock with some ne’er-do-wells by the gutter.

>>Me: Uh, ok, well, all the best.

Given the chance, most of my friends will choose to smoke crack over watching a losing footy club.

Please guys, help keep my friends off drugs! Put the bloody ball in the net!

Archived