Houston Dynamo coach Kinnear - contract ext 2010

georg

Houston Dynamo coach Kinnear gets contract extension through 2010

http://news.therecord.com/Wire/Sports_Wire/Soccer_Wire/article/283933

December 17, 2007

THE ASSOCIATED PRESS

The Canadian Press, 2007

HOUSTON - Houston Dynamo head coach Dominic Kinnear, who led his team to back-to-back MLS championships, received a contract extension through 2010 on Monday.

"I'm happy to know I'll be involved with this organization and players for years to come," said Kinnear, who had one season left on his previous deal. "I am really fortunate to continue this opportunity."

Kinnear was named head coach of the San Jose Earthquakes in 2004. Two years later, the team relocated to Houston and became the Dynamo. He was MLS Coach of the Year in 2005 before the Earthquakes moved to Houston.

Kinnear has a 53-30-41 record, including a 15-8-7 mark this past season.

In his four years as a head coach, Kinnear is seventh on the all-time MLS list for wins and has the second-highest winning percentage, all time, among MLS coaches at .593.

"We think Dominic is the best coach in the league," Dynamo president Oliver Luck said. "We are delighted to know Dom will continue to lead the Men in Orange, and this gives us a great opportunity to bring home additional championships."

Houston beat the New England Revolution in November to win its second straight championship.

Archived