Moncton Stadium Construction Delayed

I'm not too upset yet. Construction of such things almost always takes twists and turns.

What does bother me is that the reason given is to tweak designs. Add to that the statements that this will be a 10,000 seater after 12,000 was the number always given. Also that there'll be no upgrades to the U de Moncton CEPS field house included in the construction.

But I think the main reason is that the people contracted to lay the track will also lay the new tracks at Mount Allison and UPEI as well as upgrades to the Atlantic Baptist U track. So the delay I think is more to cut costs between UdeM, Mount A, UPEI, and ABU in installing the tracks?

But I'm sure there'll be lots more baloney spewed before this thing opens.

Since this is a done deal I'd just like closer so we can move onto constructing the long promised downtown 12,000+ seater hockey ....oops...multi-use exhibition centre. That the dozen or so member municipalities of the Greater Moncton Planing Commission have been collecting taxes for and putting into their capital costs budget before going after Fed and Provincial grants! Due to be reviewed by member councils in 2010.

I'm not too upset yet. Construction of such things almost always takes twists and turns.

What does bother me is that the reason given is to tweak designs. Add to that the statements that this will be a 10,000 seater after 12,000 was the number always given. Also that there'll be no upgrades to the U de Moncton CEPS field house included in the construction.

But I think the main reason is that the people contracted to lay the track will also lay the new tracks at Mount Allison and UPEI as well as upgrades to the Atlantic Baptist U track. So the delay I think is more to cut costs between UdeM, Mount A, UPEI, and ABU in installing the tracks?

But I'm sure there'll be lots more baloney spewed before this thing opens.

Since this is a done deal I'd just like closer so we can move onto constructing the long promised downtown 12,000+ seater hockey ....oops...multi-use exhibition centre. That the dozen or so member municipalities of the Greater Moncton Planing Commission have been collecting taxes for and putting into their capital costs budget before going after Fed and Provincial grants! Due to be reviewed by member councils in 2010.

Archived