Terry Dunfield

manutd1

quote:Originally posted by manutd1

Does anyone know where Terry is? Has he been trying out with anyone? Last I heard he was in Vancouver for the summer, but I haven't heard anything since then.

He went back to Bury in August, apparently didn't get a deal. He s rumoured onthe Bury Board to be have trials with Championship teams, but is spotted in the crowed at bury from time to time.

Somebody(Jeffrey S?) mentioned that Terry went back to Bury but didn't have a secured spot. He was going to be a spectator and wait for an opportunity. Man, I feel for this kid. A nice argument as to why a player doesn't go down to a lower division to get some first team playing time. Heres a player who was training with England youth, was one of Manchester City's best young players and initially stood out a mile in the third division. I remember his first match against Chelsea(For Man City). He was named Man of the Match. He was one of the best players from a very strong group of 1981s at the U20's. Injury after injury seems to have really hindered him. I hope when he comes back, he can stay healthy and live up to all that potential.

quote:Originally posted by James

Somebody(Jeffrey S?) mentioned that Terry went back to Bury but didn't have a secured spot. He was going to be a spectator and wait for an opportunity. Man, I feel for this kid. A nice argument as to why a player doesn't go down to a lower division to get some first team playing time. Heres a player who was training with England youth, was one of Manchester City's best young players and initially stood out a mile in the third division. I remember his first match against Chelsea(For Man City). He was named Man of the Match. He was one of the best players from a very strong group of 1981s at the U20's. Injury after injury seems to have really hindered him. I hope when he comes back, he can stay healthy and live up to all that potential.

Injury usualy makes promising players turn out c**p. Sure, Norman Whiteside had to retire at 25.

Archived