Championship League

argh1

Hey, I think I may have an ally this season in Mr. or Ms. Ashton Gate.

This is still IMHO the most competitve league.

I will boldy predict that Leeds will go back to the Premiership this season, that tadada......QPR.....gooooooo Super Hoops......will make the playoffs and that the Sheffields will finish mid table. But I will say right now that Wolves are too big a club not to be in the Premiership and will win automatic promotion this year.

I won't even bring up that Forest will bounce right back to the Championship and that this is the year that Notts Co. will start the climb back along with the Shaymen of Halifax Town reclaiming their place in THE LEAGUE and yes I'm still looking forward to the day that AFC Wimbledon play and beat MK Dons probably in Conference National in a couple of years ;)

Gawd I love the promise of a new season.

h'lo argh1, how do you rate the chances of the other teams with Canucks in the line ups? Ipswich have been in the playoffs the last couple of years. One might think they will be a force again. Simpson and Serioux will struggle to stay in the CCC as I think Millwall will be crap. I'm not sure what Pesch's Derby was up to in the off season so I can't guess how their season will go.

Also, despite selling all of their best players, retaining all the donkeys, not shoring up a porous defense, maintaining a toothless midfield, and decimating the only strength they had last year (strikers), I predict Southampton will go straight back up. And on the day that they secure automatic promotion, large pink winged monkeys will fly gloriously out of my bum.

quote:Originally posted by shaku_bert

h'lo argh1, how do you rate the chances of the other teams with Canucks in the line ups?

That's the question isn't it?

As much as I'd love to see Canadians doing well, it's hard to stop following the teams that I've been following for up to 40 years because a Canuck shows up some where else and I always feel guilty rooting for a team playing against a team with a Canadian in the line up.

Yeah I think Ipswich will be in the play offs and that Millwall will flirt with relagation zone. Derby ....lower mid table but comfortably above the relagation zone. But fingers crossed Pesch gets to be a starter this year. But at this point I don't see any gimme games. I think Luton and Hull might surprise alot in their 1st year back. Like I said this is a very competitive league and it's unlikely anyone will run away or fall out quickly.

Of the Canadians I think De Vos and Bircham have the best chance of playing into the Premiership.......now if the clubs want to keep them after that's a different question. But then again what do I really know they still have to play the games.;)

R's do host Ipswich Town to-day but Bircham is to have a fitness test and JDV is definatly out with cracked ribs.

Wow since I'm in a prognosticating mood let's see how these predictions look in April:

Leeds and Wolves win automatic promotion,

QPR, Ipswich Town, Leicester City and Preston North End in the playoffs.

Queens Park Rangers and PNE in the final

QPR up as playoff winner.

EDIT: oooooops at the other end.

Going down will be Crewe Alexandra, Brighton & Hove Albion (or maybe Plymouth Argyle..I can't decide) and the BLUEBIRDS of Cardiff City.

That's it one game into the season and I've settled the whole year.;)

Good to see that forgotten Canadian international Marc Bircham is creating a stir in the Championship this season, as eulogised by QPR fans forum on BBC 606 message board:

posted by Pablo_Hoopsta, 10 Hours Ago

WE LOVE YOU BIRCHAM,

COZ YOURE EVERYWHERE,

WE LOVE YOU BIRCHAM,

COZ YOUVE GOT BLUE HAIR,

WE LOVE YOU BIRCHAM,

COZ YOURE RANGERS THROUGH AND THROUGH!!!!!!!!

Archived