July 9 - Vancouver vs. Portland [R]

DJT

I attended this game at the "Apple Bowl" in Kelowna, it was a sellout with many spill over fans standing around the field.. was a great atmosphere on a nice sunny day,, sounds like everyone (players included) enjoyed it ,, except for Portland ,,, who played friday night in Seattle then had to bus 6 hours up to Kelowna and play the next day,, probably a good reason why the Caps were all over them..

True, but Vancouver, Portland and Seattle are all accustomed to this kind of travel in a short time frame. Don't forget, they were fully rested when Seattle popped four on them the night previously.

Portland's problems are too numerous to mention, but weak goaltending and a woefully anorexic roster are among them. Since their new owner has stepped in, it would appear that there has been a concerted effort to scale back costs. Several players have been released (up to 7 now this season, I think) and yet they've acquired no replacements.

Portland is definitely underperforming. They were the regular season champs last year, but they look god awful this year. Suits me just fine. Vancouver is in a prime position to repeat as Cascadia Cup champs again!

Archived