Crappy A-League refs - Aug 22 - Montreal v Atl [R]

DarnCherry

I'm just listening to the Montreal-Atlanta game and the referee actually just played the ball to a Montreal player during play. Yep, near midfield an errant Atlanta cross fell to the feet of the referee, in play, and the ref kicked the ball back to a Montreal player. What a joke!

quote:Originally posted by Sigma

Ooopps, sorry about that! I forgot there wasn't an R in the title.

Bah, I don't think anybody cares. it's not like the game was televised and people were taping it or anything. The reason I didn't put an ® in the title in the first place is that I didn't think anybody wanted updates anyway. When I do I feel like I'm talking to myself.

quote:Originally posted by DJT

No R is not a big deal, however it would be helpful to be more specific about what this thread is about in the title (which I have added).

Well it originally wasn't intended to be a thread about the game, just a comment about what the ref did. Since I had no intentions about posting the score or any updates originally it wasn't neccessary.

Francois, nobody says he was. However according to the Montreal commentators, he was a moron, and when both commentator and play by play guy crack up on air asking each other "Did you see that?" because the referee in the middle of the game, forgets he's the ref an passes the ball to the nearest Montreal player in the middle of the play much to the chagrin of the Atlanta players, that is a topic for conversation. As the commentators said, after hearing reports of what this referee did, the league will surely be giving him a phone call. However this being the A-League, I highly doubt even that would happen. Also I only have the Montreal commentators word that the ref was a "goof" and that some player should punch him.

Nobody is saying he favoured Montreal, the commentators made it clear Montreal should have won by a few more. I am sure if and Atlanta player was closer to the ref when he chose to get into the play and pass the ball he would have passed it to an Atlanta player.

Archived