My messege to frank...

marcl_19

among other things.....

GIVE JASON DEVOS THE CAPTAIN'S ARMBAND BACK!!!!!!

He IS our leader and our general on the field Onstad doesn't instill any confidense in the players or the fans (how franky has faith in him is beyond me)

IMHO a goalie cannot be a useful captain. He's not as close ot the players to yell and get them to shape up ... Being a goalie myself i can attest to this....when the ball is up further down the feild ther'es nothing ya can do...and onstad doesnt seem like a natural leader to me....devos does as he's already worn the armband for his new club. Just something that was on my mind.

I agree with you on DeVos. The man is obviously both the emotional and physical leader of this team.

However, as far as goalkeepers making poor captains goes, I'm not so sure. How do you explain the cases of Bayern Munich and Germany?

Both have acheived success in their respective competitive ventures.

Both are blessed with a variety of veteran captaincy candidates.

Both have a goalkeeper as their captain.

Of course, the fact that in both of these cases the captain is the same player - Oliver Kahn - might suggest that the concept can work, but only with an exceptionally special player at the helm. And with all due respect to Pat, I don't think he meets the criteria...

Yea you can't even compare pt with kahn. there's exceptions to every rule. and Ballack is the germany captain now...but yea kahn is the best (or one of the best) keeper in thw world and whenever i watch them play i always see him yelling up the feild......i dont remember seeing pat doing much of that when i've seen him play (although i havn't been able to catch a mnt match in over a year unfortunatly, so i could be a lil wrong)

Archived