Ebbie Kodiattu (moved from Cndns abroad thread)

DJT

Originally posted by scorpy0 - 03/20/2004 : 13:19:48</u>

One question please.......

I am new on this board, but have been following it for a while, and have found it interesting.

I know of a player, who has played in the A-League, in the US, a tremendous striker. He lives in Boston, & plays for the NH Phanthoms.

He played earlier for the Boston Bulldogs, under the legendary Steve Nicol. I know for sure that he is a canadian immigrant & has last month applied for the canadian citizenship.

Last October at the Can-America cup match at montreal, he was on loan to the Rochester Rhinos, and he was the one who scored the goal for RH just as he came in during the second half. Ofcourse, I am talking about Ebbie Kodiattu (pronounced as KODIAT)

His parents have settled in the kingston area, and that is where his permanent address is.

Any suggestions, as to how, he can be intriduced to our Canadian Soccer folks?

Also, what exactly is the Can. FUTSAL?

Any comments will be most appreciated...

GF

Originally posted by Sigma - 03/20/2004 : 13:26:31/13:29:19</u>

Kodiat wasn't good enough for the Indian national team, so I would be surprised if he was good enough for Canada. Kodiat tried out for the Indian national team for WCQ, but wasn't selected by Stephen Constantine.

I believe he has had two seperate try-outs for the national team (2001 during the Indian tour of the UK) and the 2006 WCQ.

Originally posted by scorpy0 - 03/20/2004 : 13:38:27</u>

No sir,

Kodiattu was invited by the Indian National Team. He was in India....and I have an e-mail, fm Constantine, saying...

quote.....

He definitely has everything to make it to the team, but his groin injury needs a little healing"

In fact, I understand, that kodiattu has been contacted as early as last tuesday, asking, if he feels OK, and whether he would like to join the team ASAP....

I stand corrected, but I think, he plans to reply, saying, NO THANKS...It seems, he has spent a lot of his own money going out there, and seeing the 'politics' of the team constitution, there, and thinks, it to be a waste of time...

By the way, He was also presented the colours, by the coach & the team.

Second, in 2001, he went to England, and did practice with the IN team, ONCE....The indian team was there to play an exibition game, arranged by the IFSC fm germany. Just for yr info, the then coach, sukweider singh, did not even speak english...he only spoke hindi & punjabi....

Originally posted by beachesl - 03/20/2004 : 14:01:38</u>

Scorpy0, "Futsal" is a version (the official version of FIFA, thus the FIFA tournament) of indoor soccer, that uses out-of-bounds rules and rukes that follow soccer as colosely as possible for a gym version. Unlike "indoor soccer", such as that played in the MISL, one cannot caroom passes off of walls. There are other differences also, but suffice it to say that "indoor soccer" has many comparisons to ice hockey.

"Futsal" is probably a better training game for real soccer than "indoor soccer", as it emphasizes skills like direct passing and ball control better.

As for contacting CSA, go to the CSA website for contacts and fire away those emails. There are people there whose job it is to look into such things.

Welcome to the board, and keep posting!

Originally posted by Sigma - 03/20/2004 : 14:50:24</u>

quote:Originally posted by scorpy0

No sir,

Kodiattu was invited by the Indian National Team. He was in India....and I have an e-mail, fm Constantine, saying...

quote.....

He definitely has everything to make it to the team, but his groin injury needs a little healing"

Well that would explain why I read that constantine didn't want him because he wasn't fit. He also didn't perform well enough according to a quote that I read...

http://www.footballpakistan.com/Forum/BoardLess.asp?forums=FootballPakistan.com&topic=471

I followed the story a few months back because I thought it was interesting to see a player from the USL try-out for India.

Archived