Pesch rumour

Guest Can. in UK

Guest Can. in UK

This is from SkySports... Interesting because I am sure that I read on the same web-site that he had signed an extension with the Blades (last line of this article refutes that).

Warnock not aware of Pesch interest

Monday, 16 February 2004

by Simon Fudge

Sheffield United boss Neil Warnock claims he is not aware of any link regarding First Division rivals Coventry City and Blades striker Paul Peschisolido.

The Canadian international has been in fine form for the Bramall Lane club this season, having scored his club's winner in their 1-0 FA Cup fifth round win over Colchester United on Sunday.

His goalscoring prowess has seemingly attracted the interest of Sky Blues boss Eric Black, despite Peschisolido receiving the offer of a new contract with the South Yorkshire club.

Warnock has since revealed that he has not received any formal interest from the Highfield Road club about the former Birmingham City, Stoke City and Fulham player.

"No-one has informed me at this end that Coventry have made a move and until they do, I will treat it as a rumour," Warnock told the club's official website.

"The bottom line is that I want Paul to stay - there is a new contract on the table for him, he loves it here and we want him to stay next season."

Archived