Rocco Placentino

Champs

i found this on the avellino web site:

This afternoon the Avellino has disputed a partitella in family, to which it has participated also Marine Francisco, forward class ' 70 former Brescia and Udinese. E' re-entered in Irpinia the Italian-Canadian Rocco Placentino. To signal also two operations of market: from today Domenico De Simone it passes to the Catanzaro, while Mark Vianello will play in the Sora.

this is good news for rocco placentino. he has a great chance to crack the line up. Im trying to find out more on him because hes playin in my fathers hometown.

quote:Originally posted by Champs

i found this on the avellino web site:

This afternoon the Avellino has disputed a partitella in family, to which it has participated also Marine Francisco, forward class ' 70 former Brescia and Udinese. E' re-entered in Irpinia the Italian-Canadian Rocco Placentino. To signal also two operations of market: from today Domenico De Simone it passes to the Catanzaro, while Mark Vianello will play in the Sora.

this is good news for rocco placentino. he has a great chance to crack the line up. Im trying to find out more on him because hes playin in my fathers hometown.

I believe the only thing this bit of news is saying is that Placentino returned from his holidays in Canada. An earlier release said that Avellino's two foreign players (the other being Kutuzov from Belarus) went home for the holidays. Kutuzov was back in time for a series of mini-friendlies between Avellino and local amateur clubs played last Wednesday. Placentino missed those games but returned to play in the "partitella in family", which is an intra-squad mini-game.

Based on your comment that Placentino "has a great chance to crack the line up", I take it that you did not see the update I posted at the beginning of December, covering the events from September to November:

http://www.canadian-soccer.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=1805

That was his great chance to crack the lineup, but he didn't: after making his debut on November 30 he did not dress for any of the next three matches in December leading up to the Christmas break. With a squad of 19 players only one has to sit out each match, and it was Placentino each time. He did score a goal in a friendly against a local amateur team during that time, but then again Avellino scored 13 in that match.

It will only get tougher for Placentino now. The January transfer market is open and Avellino are yet to win a match on the field this season, so they are shopping around for new players at all positions.

(P.S. I'll take Vianello at Sora (my father's home town)! I know nothing about him but they need all the scoring help they can get at the bottom of C1B.)

Archived