W-League: Fury vs. Inferno, 06/28 [R]

Elaine

hey guys-

just got back from this game...

the fury won 2-1...it was a really really fun to watch, and i enjoyed it!

the inferno went up early in the game as mel booth scored on a scrappy play where taryn swiatek was unable to corale the ball and mel just knocked it in ...

the fury tied the game up in the 2nd half...i have no clue who scored, as i left to get my jacket in my car, and missed the goal ( [V] )...

then chappie was hauled down in the box and the inferno was awarded a PK...chappie stepped up and in my opinion poorly took the shot and taryn easily saved it. you could tell chappie was upset at herself...

then the fury went up by a goal when a player (didn't see who...i was taking picture, lol) booted in the goal from the left flank...

in "stoppage time" the inferno pressed to get another goal to tie it up, and on the last play of the game the inferno was able to knock the ball on another scrappy play when taryn came out of her net, but unfortunately the goal was ruled offsides, and called off...i couldn't see a clear look at the play, but hearing the inferno players talk after the game, they clearly said it was not offsides...

so final score was fury 2-1 come off from behind...

got to speak to chappie, taryn, mel and diana for a bit after the game...and took some pictures etc.

i will have pictures up at Go Big Red!! in a bit.

elaine

----

Go Big Red!!

http://www.gobigred.ca

Everything you need to know about Canadian Women's Soccer!!

Archived