WUSA All-star Game [R]

mattbin

Anyone else watch this? I saw most of the first half. All pretty interesting, and Boyd and Nonen just dominated in their end with LeBlanc safe as houses behind them. Hooper didn't really do much at the other end (and endangered at least one of the goals by straying offside--a GC linesman would have called her!).

The thing that got me was the commentary. I haven't seen a lot of WUSA on WTSN but my god, this was the freakin' pits. Chastain scores and for the next five minutes they talk about her goal celebration until, oh look, the World stars have scored. (Btw, her goal celebration was a matter of running over to the cameras at the side of the pitch and striking a pose. Uh, thanks.)

Then half time, and Rowdy Judy Foudy With No Interviewing Skillsoudy caught good ol' Brandi for a run-down of the first half, including

• discussion of goal celebration
  • discussion of shoe colour
  • recap of goal celebration

Thanks to you too, Foudy. Certainly found your calling.

Need I add that the World Stars were up 2-1 at the end of the first half? Need to I do--it was barely mentioned, and then only in passing.

In all it was extremely grating, and I was glad to leave to go to Chapters. Read a freakin' book. Ahhhhh...

Btw, final score, 3-2 for the good guys. Boyd and Nonen remain in throughout the game, excellent showing. The Commentators felt that someday this Canada team may amount to something...

Allez les Rouges,

M@

Archived