Jump to content

Neil M Brown

  • Content Count

  • Joined

  • Last visited

About Neil M Brown

  • Rank


  • Biography
    An avid soccer enthusiast. Former player...too old and fat now! Coach, administator and owner.
  1. A formal press conference was held today to officially announce KW United FC (relocated Hamilton FC franchise) which will operate in the PDL and W-League. Press release is below: NEW SOCCER TEAM STARTING IN WATERLOO REGION K-W United FC will kick off PDL and W-League campaigns in May 2013 K-W United FC News Release – www.kwunitedfc.com Wednesday, February 6, 2013 Waterloo, ON – K-W United FC was formally presented to the public Wednesday afternoon as the newest PDL/W-League franchise to commence play for the 2013 season. The announcement was made at a press conference held at Core Lifestyle and Recreation Complex in Kitchener. K-W United FC is the new moniker of the former Hamilton FC Rage, which has been participating in the PDL and W-League since 2010. “We are thrilled to bring a PDL and W-League franchise to the Waterloo Region.” said Barry MacLean, President of K-W United FC. “The sport has grown dramatically in this area and we expect these teams to be a springboard for our best local talent.” An integral part of the club’s move to the K-W area was the enthusiastic support from the community. An official partnership was announced with Kitchener Soccer Club to coincide with the inaugural season of K-W United FC. " The Kitchener Soccer Club is very proud and excited to have formed an alliance with the K-W United FC.” Said Frank Hivert, President of Kitchener Soccer Club. “It aligns very well with our strategic vision and it will be key in our goal to provide better development programs for our soccer players and coaches for both our house league and competitive teams." Wilfrid Laurier University will host training and game day operations out of University Stadium in Waterloo as well as provide administrative and marketing assistance. "Laurier is proud to be the home of K-W United FC," stated Director Athletics and Recreation Peter Baxter. "Our partnership marks University Stadium as the destination for high performance soccer; in the Summer with K-W United FC and in the Fall with the Laurier Golden Hawks." In extending a warm welcome to the KW United FC, Kitchener Mayor Carl Zehr noted: “This news speaks directly to the strength of community support for this sport, the forward-thinking vision of the Kitchener Soccer Club and the tireless work the club does in this region. This alliance will offer exciting opportunities for the many talented – and budding – soccer players in our community.” The men’s PDL team will include a 14 game regular season schedule and take part in the Great Lakes Division of the Central Conference. They kick off their season with a 3 game road trip commencing in Louisville, KY against River City May 23. K-W United FC Director of Football Brett Mosen will continue as Head Coach of the PDL side. “I’m looking forward to building a team that this community will be proud of.” The women’s W-League team is scheduled to participate in a 12 game schedule out of the 6-team Central Conference. They begin their season at home against local rivals London Gryphons on May 22. The formal appointment of a Head Coach will be announced next week. Tim Holt, President of United Soccer Leagues: "The launch of K-W United further strengthens what is already an exceptional representation of PDL and W-League teams within Ontario that features both our reigning PDL (FC London) and W-League (Ottawa Fury) Champions. Under the leadership of Barry MacLean and Brett Mosen, the club will immediately provide opportunities for elite, aspiring professional players in Kitchener and Waterloo to develop and perform on a North American stage. Not only will K-W United and its players entertain local soccer fans on the field throughout the summer, but through their involvement in the soccer community year-round this club will serve to elevate the sport in the area by establishing a clear pathway for the area's top players." Premier Development League The top developmental men’s league in North America, the PDL features 65 teams within four conferences across the United States and Canada. The PDL season consists of 14 regular season matches for each team, eight home and eight away, and provides elite collegiate players the opportunity to taste a higher level of competition while maintaining their eligibility. The PDL has proven to be an important stepping-stone for top professionals now playing throughout the world, including six players taken in the top 10 of the 2013 MLS Superdraft and 27 players overall. W-league The first and longest-standing women’s league in North America, the W-League represents the highest level of women’s soccer in Canada. The league features 25 teams in four regional conferences playing 10 to 12 regular season matches. Elite amateur players have the opportunity to compete in the W-League while maintaining their collegiate eligibility. The league is recognized throughout the world for providing superior competition for female players, while offering affordable family entertainment for fans across North America. United Soccer Leagues USL has become the largest organization of elite-level soccer leagues in North America by building on the vision, commitment, and passion of players, fans and investors. Now in its third decade of operation, USL continues to be a driving force in the growth of soccer in the United States, Canada and Caribbean. USL provides a clearly defined path for the progression of male and female soccer players beginning at the youth level (Super Y-League/Super-20 League), continuing through the amateur level (PDL/W-League) and up to the professional level, both outdoor and indoor (USL PRO/MISL). A platform for countless players to reach for their dreams each year, USL is devoted to developing the sport at the grassroots level in every community across the region.
  2. Congratulations FC London!!! Best of luck this weekend. Neil Brown Hamilton FC
  3. This was obviously not an ideal situation for us. We had 4 players away at various National and Provincial programs and were hit with a raft of injuries late in the season. I can assure you, we did everything possible to get as many players as possible to QC for the game. We had advised the USL of our situation and our commitment to get as many players there as possible. Neil Brown Hamilton FC
  4. Hamilton FC Topped by London A late London goal in added time pushed the game out of reach for the home team as Hamilton FC Rage were defeated 4-2 by FC London. Hamilton had a lot to prove in the game, the third meeting between the two teams. London bested the Hamilton team in the early part of the season and the squads played to a 1-1 draw late last week. "Really looking forward to our game tonight," Scott McCoubrey stated before the game. "We are taking each game like our own cup final, especially with London being our main rivals now for that 3rd spot." FC London broke the ice and scored in the 12th minute. Gary Ogilvie sent a cross to Chris Dillon who knocked the ball into the net. Forest City would add to their lead in the 40th minute as a kick from Thomas Owens bounced over HFC keeper Justin Silveira’s head. Jordan Ayris kicked it in for the London goal. Hamilton had several solid chances in the half. Josh Bennett's cross was headed out in the 22nd minute and a low shot by Will Grocott rolled wide right past a diving London keeper. The Hamilton FC offense struggled to get things flowing in the first half. London's defenders played solid defense and managed to head away the majority of the Hamilton crosses. Hamilton finally got on the scoreboard with an unusual goal. In the 65th minute Scott McCoubrey crossed the ball towards the net. The ball sailed over the London keeper and was kicked high into the air by a London defender. The ball dropped into the hands of the keeper who looked to lose his grip on the ball. In the ensuing melee Khody Ellis knocked the ball into the net. The London bench protested but the goal stood. FC London regained a two goal lead in the 80th minute. Denver Spearman came up the right side and crossed to Jordan Ayris who tapped it in. The Rage's defense seemed to be having a rough time during the match and London gained near breakaways on multiple occasions. London forward Martin Lange broke away and booted the ball just over the crossbar early in second half. Hamilton pulled within a goal once again in the 84th minute thanks to a goal by Mark Reilly. Reilly tapped the ball in after a cross by Khody Ellis led to another scuffle in front of the net. HFC could not come back again and London would score a final goal in stoppage time to take the match. With the loss Hamilton FC drop to 3-6-3 on the season and are in a three way tie for sixth place. HFC are winless in their last four games but will look to get back on track as the team continues their home stand on Wednesday. The team will welcome the Chicago Fire to Ron Joyce Stadium Wednesday night at 7pm. Visit the team's official website at www.hamiltonfc.com, follow Hamilton FC Rage on Twitter at @HamitonFC_USL and like the team at Facebook.com/OfficialHamiltonFC. Game reports courtesy of Jason Nason, Hamilton SportsXpress Media Regards, Neil Brown Hamilton FC
  5. Laval Defeats Hamilton FC with Penalty Kick Goal Laval scored a penalty kick goal late in the second half to double up the home town Hamilton FC Rage 2-1 Sunday afternoon in ladies W-League action. HFC had many solid chances through the first half. At the 10' mark it looked as though Hamilton had taken an early lead putting the ball into the net, but the play was deemed offside and the goal was disallowed. Oduro, who made it to the net with some fancy moves, was stopped by the Laval keeper while another shot in the 39th minute rang off the crossbar. After a scoreless first half the Cometes got on the score sheet first with a solid goal at the 54' mark. Hamilton had an answer just minutes later. Christabel Oduro played a beautiful cross in the 58th minute which led to a goal by Christina Thornton to tie the game 1-1. Hamilton turned up the pressure on Laval but it would be the Cometes who would get the advantage. Laval broke the tie and took a 2-1 lead in the 75th minute with a penalty kick goal. HFC kept on the pressure and nearly tied the game on a great opportunity by Oduro in the 89th minute, but Laval held on to take the match. Christabel Oduro and Chiara Greco had two shots apiece in the game. Diamond Simpson, Shanika Thomas and Christina Thornton also registered a shot each in the game. Laval had the overall edge in shots over Hamilton 11-7. Genevieve Richard made seven saves for Hamilton. With the loss, and only the second game in which the team has given up a goal, the team stands with a 3-2-1 record and is in fourth place in the W-League's Central Division. Hamilton will play the next three games on the road with two stops in Québec and one game in Ottawa before returning home July 8th. HFC plays the Québec City Amiral Friday night. The team's next home game takes place Sunday July 8th at 1pm from Ron Joyce Stadium. Visit the team's official website at www.hamiltonfc.com, follow Hamilton FC Rage on Twitter at @HamitonFC_USL and like the team at Facebook.com/OfficialHamiltonFC. Game reports courtesy of Jason Nason, Hamilton SportsXpress Media Regards, Neil Brown Hamilton FC
  6. HFC Scores Three Shutting Out Cincinnati A trio of goals, including one by Khody Ellis in the 90th minute, led Hamilton FC to a solid 3-0 shut-out of the visiting Cincinnati Kings Friday night. With the season nearing the halfway mark, and the post season just over a month away, Hamilton FC needed to start picking up wins in the hope of pushing into the playoffs. In the PDL, the top two team in each division advance past into the playoffs, with the second and third placed teams playing off for the second spot. HFC would need seven points to make the leap to second place but Cincinnati stood in their way. Hamilton had a great number of chances in the first half including several shots sailing just wide of goal. HFC kept the on pressure early on. Bennett kicked the ball across the box prompting Kings' keeper Nicolson to make a diving save to preserve the scoreless game at the 21' mark. That bid would end in the 26th minute. Andrew Ferguson took a great pass from Miroslav Cabrillo and sent the ball into the back of the net to give Hamilton a 1-0 lead into halftime for the second straight game. Both teams moved the ball well in the first half with great scoring chances for both teams. At one point the ball popped over Hamilton keeper Hurley's head prompting an HFC defender to slide and kick the ball away before the ball rolled into the net. Hamilton doubled their lead at the 54' mark. Josh Bennett came up the side and sent the ball across the box. William Grocott leapt and headed the ball passed the Kings keeper and into the net. Hamilton had a flurry of chances at the 62' mark with three straight corners. The first corner was headed out by a Kings defender followed by an HFC header deflected wide off another Kings player. Kings keeper Nicholson made a great save for Cincinnati on the third corner. Cincinnati nearly broke the shut-out late in the half as a hard shot bounced off the cross bar and back in front of the net. The Kings' rebounded the ball which sailed over the net. Right at the end of regulation the FC Rage added a third goal. Mark Reilly, who subbed into the game at the 88th minute, came up the left side and launched the ball at the net. The Kings' keeper made the save which defected right to Lewis Ellis, who passed the ball to Khody Ellis. Ellis chipped the ball into the net for the score. With the win Hamilton improves to 3-4-1 and are now in a three-way tie for fourth place in the Great Lakes division with the Chicago Inferno and Chicago Fire. The victory was a grand team effort with eleven players contributing shots on goal. Cabrillo registered four shots and Grocott had three shots. Ferguson, Keely and McCoubrey had two shots while Warburton, Camillo, Bond, Wynter, Khody Ellis and Lewis Ellis had one shot each. Next up Hamilton FC will travel to Northern Kentucky University to take on the Cincinnati Kings. Game time is 7pm this Tuesday June 19th. HFC will return home to Ron Joyce Stadium on Sunday July 1st at 7pm when FC London comes to town. Game reports courtesy of Jason Nason, Hamilton SportsXpress Media Regards, Neil Brown Hamilton FC
  7. The player that was hurt in the game is ok, pending a CT Scan. Sorry, forgot to post the game report...glad to hear of the interest. Toronto Upsets Hamilton with Stoppage Time Winner A Toronto corner kick in the final minute of stoppage time was headed into the net as the Lynx upset Hamilton FC in a 2-1 victory. Hamilton had a flurry of good chances in the opening half including several shots that just missed their mark. Scott McMcoubrey's attempt 12' sailed wide of the net on a long pass from the HFC keeper. Several headers also sailed away from the net including a kick on by Josh Bennett at the 38' mark. Miroslav Cabrilo finally put in the go-ahead goal for Hamilton at 40' of the first half. Scott McCoubrey sent the ball into the 18 yard box to the waiting Cabrilo who headed the ball nicely into the net. Hamilton took a 1-0 lead into halftime. The Toronto Lynx tied the game at the 68’ mark after Conor Hurley made a flurry of saves. The ball bounced over Hurley’s head and was moments from entering the net when a quick thinking Hamilton defender slid to kick the ball wide of the net. The ensuing Toronto corner was knocked around several times, including a fantastic effort on the part of Hamilton’s keeper, but the pressure paid off for Toronto as Callum Home put the ball in. A scary collision right at the 90’ point in the game put a halt to action and left a Toronto player motionless on the field. HFC forward Adam Bond challenged Toronto Keeper Ben Ur for the ball in the dying seconds of regulation. Toronto defender Konner McNamara also went for the ball and took the worst of the impact between the three players. Bond immediately yelled to the sidelines for medical help as the referees called a stop to the match. It looked as though McNamara had landed on his neck coming down to the ground after the collision. Paramedics were called to the field and McNamara was taken to a nearby hospital. After a thirty minute stoppage, time wound down in the two minutes of added time. It looked as though the game would end in a draw but that would not be the case. In the 91st minute James Gilvany headed the ball into the net for victory from a corner kick by Mackenzie Wilde. Hamilton made one last rush down the field and shot on goal, but the ball sailed wide as time expired. The hard fought loss drops Hamilton to 2-4-1 on the season while the match was Toronto’s first win of the year. The Lynx are now 1-5-1. The men of HFC combined for ten shots on goal. William Grocott and Scott McCoubrey both had two shots in the game while Chris Brown, Stephen Powell, Adam Camillo, Miroslav Cabrilo and Khody Ellis also registered shots on goal. Keeper Conor Hurley made eight saves, including several spectacular diving plays. Next up Hamilton FC will host the Cincinnati Kings this Friday June 19th from Ron Joyce Stadium. Kickoff is set for 8pm. Game reports courtesy of Jason Nason, Hamilton SportsXpress Media Regards, Neil Brown Hamilton FC
  8. A bit early in the season for that kind of assessment.
  9. McCoubrey Scores Twice as HFC Torches Chicago Hamilton FC spent their second day in a row facing Chicago, this time the Chicago Inferno. Fresh off a 3-1 defeat at the hands of the Chicago Fire Friday night the boys turned things around, handed the Chicago Inferno a 3-1 loss and picked up three points. The first half was a scoreless affair with both sides having great scoring chances. Chicago's Piotrowski missed an early opportunity at 3' and Hamilton couldn't capitalize on a corner kick at 16'. At the 29' mark Piotrwoski flew down the field and his cross just missed the head of Floros. Hamilton had a goal kick at 39' but couldn't find the back of the net to break the scoreless draw in before halftime. Hamilton would break away in the second half with three straight goals. Fifty eight minutes into the game Scott McCoubrey gave Hamilton their first lead since the team's home opener, also versus the Inferno. Khody Ellis picked up the assist on the goal. Garret McConville then doubled the HFC lead at 58' from a Will Grocott free kick. Scott McCoubrey netted his second goal of the match to give Hamilton a 3-0 lead at the 74' mark with an assist from Adam Camillo. Piotrowski would add a goal for Chicago at the 85' mark but it wouldn't be enough as Hamilton FC broke a three game losing streak to get back into the win column. Scott McCoubrey scored his first and second goals of the season Saturday night. Garret McConville scored his second goal of the season as well. McConville's first goal came in the home opener May 20th in the game versus the Inferno. With the win Hamilton improves to 2-3-1 on the season and is in a three way tie for fourth place with the Inferno and the River City Rovers. HFC will have an extended break with the next match coming at home in Ron Joyce Stadium on Monday June 11th. Hamilton will welcome the Toronto Lynx, the team they defeated for their first win of the season, at 8pm. Toronto is still looking for their first win of the season, going 0-5-0 in their first five games. Game reports courtesy of Jason Nason, Hamilton SportsXpress Media Regards, Neil Brown Hamilton FC
  10. Hamilton FC Burned in Chicago The men of Hamilton FC Rage travelled to University of Illinois at Chicago (UIC) Field in Chicago Friday night. HFC, was played their second game in three days, fell behind early and were defeated by the Chicago Fire 3-1. Chicago fired first in the opening half with their first goal of the game. Chicago forward Tyler Engel scored the goal with the assist of Brendan King at the 27' mark. Hamilton's Shane Keely received a caution after the goal. The point would be the only marker of the first half. The Fire doubled their lead at the 48' mark as midfielder Tom Skelly found the back of the net. Hamilton had an answer just minutes later thanks to a quick goal by Rage midfielder Stephen Powell at the 51' mark off a pass from William Grocott. Chicago added their third goal of the game at the 55' mark to regain a three goal lead. The Fire would hold onto the lead and take the victory. Chicago had the edge in shots on goal during the match, sending twice as many balls towards the net. Hamilton mustered just six shots on net while Chicago had thirteen shots. Josh Bennett, Andrew Ferguson, Scott McCoubrey and Stephen Powell recorded shots on net. Lewis Ellis had two shots on net. Conor Hurley had allowed three goals and made four saves. Hamilton has lost three in a row and stand with a record of 1-3-1. HFC return to action on Saturday night when the team will take on the Chicago Inferno. The teams met once this season at Ron Joyce Stadium for Hamilton's home opener. That match ended in a 1-1 draw. Game reports courtesy of Jason Nason, Hamilton SportsXpress Media Regards, Neil Brown Hamilton FC
  11. Hamilton's Rage Stronger than Ottawa's Fury The women of Hamilton FC welcomed the Ottawa Fury to town for the team's third straight home game. The afternoon would also give Hamilton their third straight game earning points as the FC Rage defeated the Ottawa Fury 2-0. The teams boasted some good back and forth action in the early going. At the 15' mark Hamilton keeper Genevieve Richard knocked away an Ottawa corner kick to keep things scoreless. A Hamilton free kick at the 31' mark also just missed the goal. Going into half time the score and shots on goal were tied, three shots each and no score. Christina Thornton came in as a substitution in the second half and her presence was felt on the pitch immediately. Thornton was awarded a penalty kick and made the opportunity count sending the ball passed the Fury's keeper and into the net at the 63' mark. Hamilton would not relent the lead as minutes later, at the 80' mark, Angelika Uremovich also found the back of the net to give Hamilton a 2-0 lead. Christabel Oduro got an assist on the goal. Genevieve Richard made several notable saves in the second half to keep Hamilton in the lead. As time expired HFC had won their second game in a row. Hamilton FC broke Ottawa Fury's regular season unbeaten streak. Ottawa hadn't lost a regular season game since July 4, 2012, going 15-0-2 in that stretch. With the victory Hamilton claims top spot in the Central Conference with seven points. The team is unbeaten and improve their record to 2-0-1. Interestingly the first three games of the season, while all home games, were played at three different venues. The first game was played in Mississauga, the second at Ron Joyce Stadium and the latest game at Alumni Field. HFC will get the week off and will return to action next Sunday afternoon at 4pm. The women will travel to Centennial Park Stadium in Toronto to take on the Lady Lynx. The team will return home to Ron Joyce Stadium again Sunday June 17th at 4pm hosting the Laval Cometes. Game reports courtesy of Jason Nason, Hamilton SportsXpress Media Regards, Neil Brown Hamilton FC
  12. Hamilton Bucked in Michigan The men of Hamilton FC travelled to Canton Cup Independence Park in Pontiac, Michigan looking to add another win and three points. The Bucks had an explosive opening half which HFC couldn't come back from as Hamilton FC were defeated 6-2 by the Michigan Bucks. Weather was unsettled Saturday afternoon. After the rain settled down and the game finally got started the game was delayed due to lightning after just ten minutes. The game finally got started around 1:30pm. The Bucks got off to a strong start in the first half, scoring four unanswered goals. The first goal came courtesy of a free kick which rolled under Hamilton's wall. The Bucks added to their lead with three more goals to close out the half. Michigan had six shots in the first half while Hamilton managed three. Hamilton finally got on the scoreboard in the second half. Steve Powell received the ball from Adam Bond and tucked it into the net. Mark Reilly would add another goal for the Rage but it wouldn't be enough as the Bucks added two more of their own. Hamilton FC had six shots during the game. With the loss Hamilton FC have an even 1-1-1 record with four points. HFC are in a three way tie for fourth place in the Great Lakes Division. HFC will return home to Ron Joyce Stadium at McMaster University this Wednesday evening at 8pm. Hamilton will welcome Forest City London, who are currently tied for first place with six points. Game reports courtesy of Jason Nason, Hamilton SportsXpress Media Regards, Neil Brown Hamilton FC
  13. Diamond Scores in Final Minute for Hamilton The women of the W-League Hamilton FC came to Ron Joyce Stadium for the first time this season still looking for their first goal. Hamilton finally broke the ice with Diamond Simpson scoring the lone goal and game winner with one minute left in regulation for a 1-0 victory. Both of Hamilton's previous games, last weekend's season opener and the pre-season game the previous week, ended in scoreless draws. Though there were plenty of great chances during those games none of them resulted in goals. It was beginning to look like the game would end in another scoreless draw until the final minute, especially after an HFC goal was called back. At the 81' mark, after a fantastic set up, Hamilton appeared to have taken the lead but the goal was called back as the play was deemed offside. Diamond Simpson then became the hero of the game when she scored the decisive game winner at the 89' mark. Christabel Oduro picked up the assist on the goal. Hamilton outshot Rochester 20-7. The victory gives HFC four points and shoots Hamilton into first place in the Central Conference, one point above the Toronto Lady Lynx. Next up HFC will continue their home stand Sunday May 27th at 4pm from McMaster University Alumni Field. Hamilton will host the Ottawa Fury. Game reports courtesy of Jason Nason, Hamilton SportsXpress Media Cheers, Neil
  14. Hamilton FC Men Open 2012 With a Draw Hamilton FC opened their PDL season on Sunday evening at McMaster University. About 200 fans took in the action as HFC welcomed the expansion Chicago Inferno to Ron Joyce Stadium. Conditions were perfect for the evening match up and Hamilton started briskly, taking the early play to the visiting Inferno. Chicago seemed content to sit back and absorb the early pressure applied by Hamilton. The early pressure resulted in most of the play taking place in the Inferno half but HFC were unable to take advantage of the edge in possession and saw a number of chances go wide of the mark. This first half was marred somewhat as HFC’s Lewis Ellis was struck by the wayward arm of an Inferno defender. This earned Ellis an emergency trip to the dentist at half time. The second half saw Chicago switch their tactics somewhat and they began pressing HFC higher up the field. This unsettled the home team for a short period but they were able to maintain their composure and deal with the pressure. Still, they were unable to break the deadlock with one of the best chances falling to Hamilton striker, Miro Cabrillo whose nifty overhead bicycle kick went just wide of the post. It wasn’t until just past the hour mark that we saw the game’s first goal. A Hamilton FC corner kick was played long, to the back post, and forward Mark Reilly did exceptionally well to keep the ball in play and head it back across the Inferno goal. HFC defender Garret McConville rose above the Chicago defense and buried a header from about six yards out. This was a bit of a McMaster connection as both Reilly and McConville play on the McMaster men’s team. The last twenty minutes of the match was highly entertaining as they play went end to end. Chicago managed to notch an equalizer with just over ten minutes remaining as they threw four men forward. A ball played into the box was eventually bundled into the net by two Chicago players as the HFC defenders and goalkeeper looked in bewilderment towards the assistant referee for an offside call. This set up a tense and thrilling final ten minutes with both teams presented with glorious opportunities to seal the three points. Some good build up by HFC saw Khody Ellis released down the left wing; Ellis burned the Chicago defender and sent a lovely left footed cross into the Inferno box. HFC striker, Cabrillo, found himself in plenty of space to rise and meet the cross. His downward header looked picture perfect but fell just wide of the post much to the relief of the Chicago goalkeeper. A Chicago counter attack shortly thereafter saw an Inferno player released on a partial breakaway and able to play the ball just over the HFC keeper. The home fans were relieve when Shane Keely was able to clear just before the ball crossed the line. The drama only intensified, however, as HFC goalkeeper, Conor Hurley, was judged to have fouled the Chicago player on the play. The referee awarded the penalty kick and issued Hurley a yellow card. Hurley quickly shook off the incident and dove to his left to save the penalty and preserve the point for Hamilton. Hamilton FC travel to Toronto to face the Toronto Lynx at Centennial Stadium on Wednesday or an 11am matinee match up. Neil Brown Hamilton FC
  15. Last night's game in Guelph was quite an exciting and entertaining match, played under rather windy conditions. U. Conn prevailed 3-2 over Hamilton FC. This was HFC's final preseason match before we open up our PDL season on Sunday evening against the Chicago Inferno at McMaster University. U. Conn are a fast and strong team with a lot of pace up front. I'd encourage anyone with the opportunity to take in their remaining game. Cheers! Neil
  • Create New...