Match Thread: Voyageurs Cup - Quarter-Finals - Leg 1 - Cavalry v Vancouver Whitecaps - May 7, 2024

Game is at 7pm MT (6pm PT, 9pm ET) on One Soccer.

Cavalry eliminated the Whitecaps in the 2019 tournament over 2 legs (drawing at home and then beating them at BC Place).

The clubs met again in 2022. Vancouver advanced on penalties in the single knock out game.

Kudos to those going tonight. It's been pretty nasty out there today. 

Anyone (on the Vancouver side) have an idea of who is going to feature for the Caps tonight? I imagine there is going to be rotation. 

I really want to see Ahmed, but unlikely to make it down there tonight (unless Ali is projected to start, then I may re-think it).

9 minutes ago, Obinna said:

Anyone (on the Vancouver side) have an idea of who is going to feature for the Caps tonight? I imagine there is going to be rotation. 

I really want to see Ahmed, but unlikely to make it down there tonight (unless Ali is projected to start, then I may re-think it).

Boehmer will be starting. Levonte Johnson had a media availability yesterday, so I would expect him to be starting also. They will need to start at least 1 more Canadian, so the options would be Halbouni, Raposo, Priso or Ahmed (assuming Adekugbe is out injured).

14 minutes ago, Obinna said:

The farmers are loving it. 

Was thinking about it myself but was up there last week and have to go to Grande Praire next.  

9 minutes ago, masster said:

Boehmer will be starting. Levonte Johnson had a media availability yesterday, so I would expect him to be starting also. They will need to start at least 1 more Canadian, so the options would be Halbouni, Raposo, Priso or Ahmed (assuming Adekugbe is out injured).

Vanni indicated on the post-game show Saturday that Johnson would likely start, so I'd be shocked if he wasn't.

Not a Canadian, but this might have been a time to start Kreilach. Unfortunately for him, he was injured in training the other day. Seen in a walking boot Saturday.

Starting at the 42nd minute, I was getting some bad juju and kept repeating..."make it to half, make it to half."

I thought Johnson was terrible right up until the goal.

Posted (edited)

Cavalry have been disappointing in the 3 matches vs MLS opponents this season, I didn't expect them to win either of these ties but they haven't really been very competitive, a slow start in CPL is now not all that surprising!

edit: maybe I posted that too soon as they score a nice late consolation but I think this tie is still settled!

Edited by gator