Match Thread: Voyageurs Cup - Quarter-Finals - Leg 1 - Forge v CF Montreal - May 7, 2024

Game is at 11am ET (8am PT) on One Soccer.

CF Montreal have 2 wins and one draw (a win on penalties) all time against Forge.

The special start time is due to Forge setting up a school day match months in advance (the original opponent was supposed to be HFX Wanderers in a CPL match).

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Any reports/estimates how many tickets are sold (or distributed, I don't care) for this game? Looks like not many tickets are available at the moment, but I have no idea how much of the stadium's seats were made available.

I have heard all different numbers but it seems certain there could be 10K plus school kids in the East stands, we have been moved to the West stand and after originally being located in the Club Section the Battalion will be in 108 which is directly across from where we are normally situated! I don't think there will be the usual crowd in the Supporter's section or Club seats as some people have to actually work during the day!

20 minutes ago, narduch said:

This may be Forge's best shot ever at beating an MLS side.

This was Montreal's injury list last weekend 

I hope they do!

Although Montreal has not historically been shy about putting out a bit of a B lineup in games like this one.  So some of the injured players might not have played anyway.

Posted (edited)

I hope they have those kids all hoped up on juice boxes and fruit roll ups. The teachers will likely slide off to the side to scroll thru their Instagram and let the kids run wild. Montreal might crack under such an environment 

Edited by SpursFlu

29 minutes ago, Ozzie_the_parrot said:

7 changes from the weekend was mentioned earlier. Think this is close to a reserve team but don't watch Montreal much either.

They all look like first team players to me, even if some might not be first choice starters

2 minutes ago, Big_M said:

forge dominates the first half and its 1-0 at the break

Dominates is a bit too strong. Forge should have had a penalty early but on the flip side Montreal definitely should have equalized with the one clear shot on goal they had from the top of the six yard box and had the defence turned plenty of times on their right wing but the quality of the crosses delivered was very poor.

36 minutes ago, Kingston said:

I don't follow Montreal closely.  How strong a line up is that for them?

It's a quasi-XI. Not quite all-starters but definitely some players who frequently see minutes. I'd call it something between an A and B team. 

Forge looked good in the first half. Need to keep steady for the second and keep CFM off the board for the return. 

Just now, Ozzie_the_parrot said:

Looks like Big_M isn't around. 1-1 now Duke after a good piece pass by Edwards to create the opening.

If you're taking over Big_M's role, you're supposed to highlight which player screwed up and how much they suck, not who made a good play.