Match Thread: May 3, 2024 - Cavalry v Vancouver FC

Hope we start to see some squad rotation from Vancouver FC. Wouldn't mind White in for Norman. And get Simmons in as a 2H sub. I would even start Diaz on the bench. 

Ghotbi trying out Campagna (who I had mostly forgotten) ahead of Cameron who was mostly ineffetive last match. But very little rotation of a whole team that was poor their last two outings.

Just now, nolando said:

Grady, Powell, and Bah on the short bench of six subs. No Cameron, TJ or Simmons. Interesting. Not enough porridge to go around and lots of young, hungry mouths.

And no sign at all of Anthony White who was a regular starter last year. Even while Norman was shocking and Gee not much better.

I wonder if large groups of guys will be made to train separately feom the first team for grumbling this year?

24 minutes ago, nolando said:

Grady, Powell, and Bah on the short bench of six subs. No Cameron, TJ or Simmons. Interesting. Not enough porridge to go around and lots of young, hungry mouths.

The younger players like Tahid and Cameron may have received as much playing time as rhey did last year because there were so many dud import signings courtesy of Oliver Gage. A U-18 related roster rule change appeared to be needed halfway through the season because of that.

Just now, Ozzie_the_parrot said:

The younger players like Tahid and Cameron may have received as much playing time as rhey did last year because there were so many dud import signings courtesy of Oliver Gage. A U-18 related roster rule change appeared to be needed halfway through the season because of that.

I don't disagree with you about what happened last year, but didn't TJ and Cameron both start by choice just last match ahead of many more experienced players available?

mistake with the formation by ghotbi...there was no need to go to a back three...now injured norman comes out and right back bah goes in...hopefully for them its back to a back four

27 minutes ago, Big_M said:

mistake with the formation by ghotbi...there was no need to go to a back three...now injured norman comes out and right back bah goes in...hopefully for them its back to a back four

Never want to see an injury but I did want to see Norman come out.