MLS Match Updates and Talk 2023

Big_M

9 hours ago, Big_M said:

michael bradley being the best player of the team over the first two games

we’re either not watching the same games, or:

To be fair, I agree with a lot of what you said except for the good coaching. It was a good assist and the bar for best TFC player is not a high one at this point. 

Edited by shorty

28 minutes ago, Metro said:

For those who are watching with Apple, aren't matches available in full on demand once they're done?  I tried finding them but no luck.

They are available, but it's a huge song and dance to find them (and good luck watching a delayed match without coming across spoilers first).

It's probably the biggest example of the growing pains Apple is going through in providing this service.

57 minutes ago, RS said:

They are available, but it's a huge song and dance to find them (and good luck watching a delayed match without coming across spoilers first).

It's probably the biggest example of the growing pains Apple is going through in providing this service.

In a related tangent, do you know if One Soccer has archived and available both legs of the CNL tie vs the US from 2019?  When I used to have a subscription, I couldn't find it on the site.

Also with Apple, are on demand matches (once you find them, of course) available very soon after the match completion or do you have to wait many hours later before you can view them?

9 minutes ago, BearcatSA said:

In a related tangent, do you know if One Soccer has archived and available both legs of the CNL tie vs the US from 2019?  When I used to have a subscription, I couldn't find it on the site.

Also with Apple, are on demand matches (once you find them, of course) available very soon after the match completion or do you have to wait many hours later before you can view them?

Haha well I don't know how I became the customer service agent for these streaming services, but I cannot answer the OneSoccer question since I haven't had a subscription for nearly a year now (I switched to Fubo for the Premier League).

As for Apple, I think replays are available immediately, but don't quote me on that.

1 minute ago, RS said:

Haha well I don't know how I became the customer service agent for these streaming services, but I cannot answer the OneSoccer question since I haven't had a subscription for nearly a year now (I switched to Fubo for the Premier League).

As for Apple, I think replays are available immediately, but don't quote me on that.

I thought you had a media background so you might have known.  I will ask again on the One Soccer thread.

7 minutes ago, BearcatSA said:

I thought you had a media background so you might have known.  I will ask again on the One Soccer thread.

I actually work for a direct rival of those two services 🤫

Watching a soccer game on Apple+.

So I tuned in late for the Van/Dallas game on Apple+.  I clicked on the game and was immediately shown the score (1-0 at that time).  I was then asked if I wanted to watch the game from the start or live.  Bah!

So I started the game from the start anyways.  And the broadcast was in French.  So I located the language menu and it was supposed to be in Engish but it was still in French.  So I clicked on the radio broadcast option.  That was okay and in sync with the video play.   But then, some minutes in, the radio broadcast just stopped.  So I went back to the language menu, clicked on English, and the English Apple broadcast was back.

During the replay of the game, the screen would suddenly go black for a second or less.  This happened several times.

Thing is, you (or I) have to accept these startup glitches, I suppose.  At least, I hope they're only startup glitches.

15 minutes ago, Goal_Kick said:

Watching a soccer game on Apple+.

So I tuned in late for the Van/Dallas game on Apple+.  I clicked on the game and was immediately shown the score (1-0 at that time).  I was then asked if I wanted to watch the game from the start or live.  Bah!

That’s the same with the NHL and NBA app. You need to go to your settings and change the setting to hide scores