Match Thread: CONCACAF U-17, Quarter-Final: Canada v Puerto Rico - Wednesday, February 22, 2023 - 2pm PT/5pm ET

narduch

I only saw last night but was impressed with the beck three. They all seems very confident on the ball and could make a run or pass the ball very well to progress the play. I didn’t get to see too much out of them defensively but look steady enough.

One this that stood out and especially for Stefanovic, was that their first touch was poor. Not an issue last night but interested to see how they hold up being pressed much more. 

15 minutes ago, Greatest Cockney Rip Off said:

I only saw last night but was impressed with the beck three. They all seems very confident on the ball and could make a run or pass the ball very well to progress the play. I didn’t get to see too much out of them defensively but look steady enough.

One this that stood out and especially for Stefanovic, was that their first touch was poor. Not an issue last night but interested to see how they hold up being pressed much more. 

Touch issue (and lack of awareness when playing out the back) was very obvious against the US but they didn't make us pay for it. 

7 hours ago, Ivan said:

I've watched every game and I think there are 3 standouts - Biello, Stefanovic and Oseme.  After those 3, Ozimec and Badwhal seem like really good, key players.

I would generally agree with this but probably would put Badwal as a stand out. I have been very impressed with him. He is quite composed, covers a lot of ground, doesn’t lose the ball and can make a nice pass.  Maybe not as flash as the others but really a player you want on your side.  Chukwu has also been impressive for a 14 year old but clearly not at the same level as the others right now but may have the highest ceiling. 

The guy was expecting a lot more from was N’diaye as he is with Biello maybe the most highly rated player. He seems to float in and out of matches. Excellent penalty though. 

It will be interesting to see how they do against the US’s high press with Biello and Oseme on the park as last match in the first half only Badwal and Stefanovic seemed like they could break it but didn’t have the players around them to help them out.