CSA vs Government/Parliament of Canada

trosenoff

19 hours ago, VinceA said:

Don't know if it has been talked about already but as soon as the government gets involved properly, we're screwed right? FIFA will shut down the federation immediately, right?

Will they?  If they do, they are punishing us all for reasonable (and overdue) oversight of a government funded organization.  Remember the CSA represents youth and amateur players in this country too, and it behooves the government to do their job in spite of the threat.  I welcome this.

FIFA are only likely to intervene if the federal government attempts to actively oust Nick Bontis & Co in some way. That seems farfetched. If the CSA accepts federal government funding there's nothing out of the ordinary or untoward in being asked to justify how it is spent.

Edited by Ozzie_the_parrot

2 minutes ago, Ozzie_the_parrot said:

FIFA are only likely to intervene if the federal government attempts to actively oust Nick Bontis & Co in some way. That seems farfetched. If the CSA accepts federal government funding there's nothing out of the ordinary or untoward in being asked to justify how it is spent.

You beat me to it. Ozzie.  I don't think there's any danger of FIFA suspensions at this time.