Kwasi Poku

phresh

2 hours ago, VinceA said:

For me Poku was one of the few highlgihts of the Canadian U20 team, exciting for him! Hacken won the Allsvenskan last season.

I agree.

i actually think he could stick and surprise people, he’s good I wouldn’t be surprised if they take him on.

I was pretty underwhelmed with him at Forge this season. Clearly athletic but was very mistake prone when on the ball. Similar to Okello, I’m not sure that I trust him enough in possession to be a midfielder when he’s fully developed. Spent most his time at leftback.

Edited by Pottsy3

6 hours ago, Pottsy3 said:

I was pretty underwhelmed with him at Forge this season. Clearly athletic but was very mistake prone when on the ball. Similar to Okello, I’m not sure that I trust him enough in possession to be a midfielder when he’s fully developed. Spent most his time at leftback.

I never watched him at all at Forge, but with the U-20s he reminded me more of Davies than Okello. He's a wide player, firstly, and he's not only athletic but also quite physical/combative. More so than Okello, anyway. His overall game did remind me of Davies though, anybody else see that or is it just me?

I do agree he is unpolished, but Hacken like his talent and potential to bring him in for a trial. I suppose they want to see him up close to gauge whether they can coach him out of the mistakes or not. 

10 hours ago, Obinna said:

I never watched him at all at Forge, but with the U-20s he reminded me more of Davies than Okello. He's a wide player, firstly, and he's not only athletic but also quite physical/combative. More so than Okello, anyway. His overall game did remind me of Davies though, anybody else see that or is it just me?

I do agree he is unpolished, but Hacken like his talent and potential to bring him in for a trial. I suppose they want to see him up close to gauge whether they can coach him out of the mistakes or not. 

I wasn’t trying to liken his play style or build to Okello, but rather the fact that I could see them having success in the backline moreso than further up the field in the midfield. 

20 hours ago, Pottsy3 said:

Good left backs are difficult to find because relatively few people are naturally left-sided. That means players that are not massively techically gifted but can more or less hold their own can carve out a career in that position. Ashtone Morgan would be the poster child for that.

Always been pretty cautiously excited about Poku. While he hasn't screamed our next tier 1 star, there is something about him. Looks like he is doing everything right on this trial and it would be a big move for him.

Definitely puts him on the national periphery if he gets minutes and play time. Think he could be a solid back up squad player in time for Canada if all goes well.

13 hours ago, toontownman said:

Always been pretty cautiously excited about Poku. While he hasn't screamed our next tier 1 star, there is something about him. Looks like he is doing everything right on this trial and it would be a big move for him.

Definitely puts him on the national periphery if he gets minutes and play time. Think he could be a solid back up squad player in time for Canada if all goes well.

Big man with great feet is always worth getting a little excited about. That's why I really rate Lowell Wright.

15 hours ago, toontownman said:

If he actually signs with Hacken and can get some minutes with them as a 19 year-old, I'd say we can move from cautiously excited to full-blown excited. He'd instantly become our best DF prospect if he is able to make that jump.

2 hours ago, VinceA said:

Big man with great feet is always worth getting a little excited about. That's why I really rate Lowell Wright.

I’m biased because I’ve been watching him from the start with York but Wright is going to surprise the hell out of people with how skilled he is. He’s one player I really want to live up to his potential because he has a unique skill set. 

On Wright, I only watched him with the U20s and he definitely looked like he had a unique skill set but also looked a little heavy which always worries me with a striker as I couldn’t see him running for 90 mins and he becomes a liability defensively.  Sure Mbappe doesn’t really defend but there aren’t many of him nor many teams like France that can carry a player like that.