Best XI

25 minutes ago, BearcatSA said:

Good overall.

Bellingham and the Australian, though, that is a bit much.  CBS has to have their proverbial stocking stuffers. They mention Theo Hernández and he's scored and defended well too. In midfield, they leave Modric out. Keepers: I think we'll need to see the how the final pans out.

The press is a bit disappointing with these lists, they seem to deliberately come up with some wild off the cuff selection because it gets them clicks.

6 minutes ago, Unnamed Trialist said:

Good overall.

Bellingham and the Australian, though, that is a bit much.  CBS has to have their proverbial stocking stuffers. They mention Theo Hernández and he's scored and defended well too. In midfield, they leave Modric out. Keepers: I think we'll need to see the how the final pans out.

The press is a bit disappointing with these lists, they seem to deliberately come up with some wild off the cuff selection because it gets them clicks.

Hard to keep Modric out but maybe he didn't bring that special dimension needed when it counted the most:  vs Argentina.  Hernandez's needless challenge leading to the second England penalty wasn't a good look but the rest of his play was impressive.  I like Bellingham and he has a future so long as he stays out of the Prem for his next club move.  

6 minutes ago, BearcatSA said:

Hard to keep Modric out but maybe he didn't bring that special dimension needed when it counted the most:  vs Argentina.  Hernandez's needless challenge leading to the second England penalty wasn't a good look but the rest of his play was impressive.  I like Bellingham and he has a future so long as he stays out of the Prem for his next club move.  

I like Bellingham too, he was always one of the brighter spots for England.

But you say that word and I still think of the town across the US border from Vancouver and not the player, not yet. Mind you, I was sentenced for reckless driving at the County Court in Bellingham, so that has a lasting impression.

Edited by Unnamed Trialist

3 minutes ago, Unnamed Trialist said:

I like Bellingham too, he was always one of the brighter spots for England.

But you say that word and I still think of the town across the US border from Vancouver and not the player, not yet. Mind you, I was sentenced for reckless driving at the County Court in Bellingham, so that has a lasting impression.

You have criminal record?

14 minutes ago, BearcatSA said:

You have criminal record?

It was a bum rap. 
I was speeding back from Seattle in our electric blue Honda Civic and another electric blue Civic decided to go at the same speed beside me just as we went through a Whatcom County speed trap. Back when county police even bothered with such nonsense. They pulled us both over and accused us of racing. Which is exactly what guys in electric blue Civics do.

I think it wasn't going any faster than 90 miles an hour.

Went down by bus from Vancouver, spoke to an appointed lawyer who told me it was better to fess up like Davy Crockett would. Suspended sentence, fine and 6 months loss of drivers licence which I was disappointed to learn was applicable in BC.

Now that is a memorable Bellingham.

GK- Hugo Lloris (France) 🇫🇷

LB- Raphael Guerreiro (Portugal)🇵🇹

CB- Harry Maguire (England)🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿

CB- Josko Gvardiol (Croatia) 🇭🇷

RB- Achraf Hakimi (Morocco)🇲🇦

CM- Luka Modric (Croatia)🇭🇷

CM- Sofyan Amrabat (Morocco)🇲🇦

LW- Cody Gakpo (Netherlands)🇳🇱

CAM- Mohammed Kudus (Ghana) 🇬🇭

RW- Lionel Messi (Argentina) 🇦🇷

CF- Kylian Mbappe (France) 🇫🇷